Record Keeper program

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Record Keeper program

Post by fgasking »

Hi all,

I recently picked up an obscure tape which had "Keeper" written on one side with two copies and "Keeper V2" on the other side with two copies. Looks like a hand created tape that may have had limited sales ... maybe.

It's full name is "Record Keeper" and was written back in 1983 in BASIC (credits are in the code). Here it is (First two files are the V1 version, second two are the V2 versions).

http://www.gtw64.co.uk/extras/keeper.zip

Has anyone heard of or seen this utility before?

What is odd is how the characters don't fit properly - maybe it was developed with combination with one of the 40 col utilities?

If anyone knows of a suitable place to preserve this, then please do. I can provide photos of the cassette if required too.
buzbard
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by buzbard »

I compared V1 to V2, only difference is a few CHR$(13)s removed in V2 at lines 660 to 675.

Looks to be pure BASIC code, no peeks or pokes, and looks as if it was typed in from a listing in a book.

The menu format does seem to be suited for 40 columns.
When loaded into a C64 the menu looks ok, and runs fine.
fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

I'm wondering if the v1 and v2 versions suggest it was a home developed tool or something.

May have well been for the C64 then as well. It was bundled with a load of Vic 20 games, hence originally thinking it was a Vic title.

Thanks for taking a look :)