VIC-1020 - Got one

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

vicassembly
Vic 20 Devotee

VIC-1020 - Got one

Post by vicassembly »

So..... I happened upon a VIC-1020 expander here in the states and have it at my house. It is very cool but I am not sure if I am going to keep it. Due to room consideration with my vintage setup.

What would this be worth to someone? Any ideas? I may wind up keeping it but I have never seen one before. Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I have one and I'm very happy with it. I know they are rare and it's quite hard to get one so I would keep it if i were you.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
folkoh
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: VIC-1020 - Got one

Post by folkoh »

vicassembly wrote: What would this be worth to someone? Any ideas? I may wind up keeping it but I have never seen one before. Any comments would be appreciated.
Envy. :P

I am looking for such a thing many years now. They pop up on ebay Germany every 2-3 months or so (branded as VC 1020 of course) and usually the sellers get between 100 € - 120 € for it. For me this is to just to much money, it's a beautiful but otherwise quite simple cartridge expander... Often they are in not a very good shape (dirt, stains, scatches and of course "untested"...) My personal limit would be 50 €.

Greetings,

Folko
Luzur
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Luzur »

i bought one too, from Finland.

i was very lucky to get one so close to me, didnt kill my wallet with shipping. :)
"Are you keeping up with Commodore? cuz Commodore is keeping up with you!" ;)

SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Have you tested it and does it work? That will make a big difference as to value. :) I saw that when I was looking for a cartridge port expansion for my VIC. It's really a neat item, but I'm holding out for Jim Brain's X-Pander 3/VIC board.

Take care,

Heather