unknown games

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

llcameron
Vic 20 Dabbler

unknown games

Post by llcameron »

Hey guys,

I have scoured my vic game collection, and cross referenced it to whats in the gamebase20 currently and came up with a handful of games that appear to be unknown. At least unknown to the gamebase20 database, maybe even unknown to ANY vic game archive or database not sure.

Can you guys check me? If they aren't part of gamebase20 then I would like to get them added, as some of these games are pretty decent!

Thanks, heres a link to download:

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2pOkKq ... ZWM2&hl=en
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I recognize a few of them, it's strange they aren't on GB20...

ARROW.prg
BOMBER.prg
BREAKOUT.prg
Richthofens Revenge.prg <-- this is a 6502dude favorite game :D

maybe they have different names or maybe you have found additional work for Mayhem :wink:

This game is present on GB20:
SKYHAWK.prg

PS: Pool is a very good game fro Vic+8K !!! unfortunatelly it doesn't use the Joystick :(
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Arrows is Arrow of Death by Adventure International, a well-known text adventure for the 8K expanded VIC and several other platforms.

Asteroid is Moons of Jupiter, downloadable here.

Skyhawk is the excellent Quicksilva game dowloadable here.

I'm sure I've also seen Bomber and Pool before, but can't remember the original names.
llcameron
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by llcameron »

nbla000 wrote:I recognize a few of them, it's strange they aren't on GB20...

maybe they have different names or maybe you have found additional work for Mayhem :wink:
They could actually be there but I missed them. I haven't had a chance to fully study all the games in the gamebase20 yet :wink: Could be there but under a different name, etc, good to have more sets of eyes looking at.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Now I've had a chance to go through the games... aside from what's already been noted:

Another Pac-man = VICman from the Canadian Tire pack (with different keys)
Arrow = Rocket Command (the Dutch version I have listed)

"Bomber" is very similar to the "Cobra" game that I put up a year or two back trying to identify. Could be the "original" that is was based upon. The rest appear to be new, I can't find any similarity to them already in the database... question is, do some of them have the right filenames? :P
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
llcameron
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by llcameron »

The filenames are what the games were named on my original disk. It was a game compilation kind of disk I got from a Mr. R.L. Harris as part of a disk swap at the end of the 1980s. Probably whoever named the giles didn't know the exact name of the games so he might have saved some of them with generic names.