**Commodore Mags posted as torrents! UPDATE March 31st, 2011

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Thanks for the update. I'll need to start seeding these again!

@ Gungahlin: Have you had any luck scanning the othe Vic Computing mags, at all? :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
gungahlin
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by gungahlin »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:@ Gungahlin: Have you had any luck scanning the othe Vic Computing mags, at all?
Due to the spectacular lack of response.... no.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

gungahlin wrote:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:@ Gungahlin: Have you had any luck scanning the othe Vic Computing mags, at all?
Due to the spectacular lack of response.... no.
I wouldn't take the lack of response as anything negative. It's probably just more a case of people not saying the usual "Oooh yeah, gee, thanx, k" posts found on other sites. Rest assured any work you did to scan in these mags would be greatly appreciated and you would no doubt see that in posts after scanning. The archiving of historical documents and software is very important to all involved in the Vic scene. After all, there's not that many people into the Vic to do it - just ask ral-clan!

It's a small, sometimes slow, community here in Vic-Land and we often hear empty promises from people so we tend not to say too much until we see something worth while. I don't mean to sound patronising, I'm just trying to share my experiences here at Denial.

So, on behalf of the Vic community, please carry on with scanning these mags. It will be appreciated - watch out for all the downloads!! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

I agree wholehearedly with Pedro Lambrini. Please, please, pretty please scan the magazines! I love reading old computer mags and the VIC is underrepresented among the ones available as PDFs on the net.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Yep gungahlin, please go on and scan them! I really LOVE reading those old mags in my spare time, and the pdf format + a small netbook makes my pre-sleeping nights so funny (at least, if I don't have something funnier to do :P ).
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

+1
I too would love to read.
Vic-torrent
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Vic-torrent »

update today. Check out Commander Magazine, which is largely VIC-20! YAH!!!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thank you sooooo much!

Sidenote: I'm planning to buy an e-book reader, e.g. Amazon Kindle and alike. Are they good for reading pdf scans of those magazines? :?:
akator
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by akator »

I would be happy to host the magazines on my server (free of charge), with dedicated subdomain and FTP for the "subdomain manager." I did this a while ago for someone who needed reliable server space to host his ANALOG Atari mag scans. Everything, including the web presentation, would be up to whomever uploads the content... I'm only offering server space.

Torrents are cool, but some of us are stuck with ISPs that restrict torrent bandwidth, making torrents for me unreliable at best. Making these accessible on a server would be awesome :)
Ashbeck
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: VIC Computing - Volume 1 Issue 3

Post by Ashbeck »

gungahlin wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/19795312/VIC- ... -1-Issue-3

This was a test and won't be up for long.
I think I'll have to remove the staples to scan it properly.
Pity I don't have access to an A3 scanner, it would make life easier.

Thanks for scanning this issue of Vic Computing, it brought back a lot of memories. It was great to see an original Audiogenic advert with all the Vic Pack numbers as well!

I would love to see some more if you have time to scan please? :)
vk4akp
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by vk4akp »

Some ISP's like Optus block or shape torrents now.

Can this wonderful collection be downloaded direct? Or ordered on DVD?

.-.-.
Ashbeck
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Ashbeck »

Hi, I have scanned my one and only copy of Vic Computing.....issue 4 - April 1982

Does anyone know where I can upload it please for others to download? it's 32MB unfortunately