Vic keyboard colours?

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

matsondawson
The Most Noble Order of Denial

Vic keyboard colours?

Post by matsondawson »

Most vics I see have the tan/brown coloured function keys, but I just bought a vic with the horrible c64 coloured keys. Did vics ever come with this colour, or were they all tan?
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Not sure what you mean by "tan" and "c64 coloured keys" since those are very subjective terms (also, the C64 came with two different coloured keyboards in its history)....also, do you mean the function keys or the regular (letter/number) keys?

All VICs came with dark brown regular keys and mustard/straw coloured function keys.

Note: the regular keys on 80 percent of C64s were the same colour as on VICs. Only the last few years did they have the creme/beige coloured keys (C64c model).
Last edited by ral-clan on Mon May 11, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

yes, function keys and mustard that's it.
I keep seeing vics with very dark maybe greeny brown function keys, so i'm guessing they are off c64's.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Yes, sort of....it's all in the Denial WIKI (a lot of these basic questions are awswered there - it's a great place for people new to the VIC-20 to spend time).

http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/wiki ... e=Keyboard
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

God I'm stupid :) I spent so much time search for combinations of keyboard + colour etc on the forum, and I should have been in the wiki.