vic20tapes.org

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Jeff-20 wrote:vic20tapes.org looks great, but when you link to Denial, could you link to the front page? Sometimes the forum goes down (and may even change location soon).
Done
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

You could add Vic20 ´Yleisurheilu´ (Track&Field) there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0L9ZWJX8

8)
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Mikam73 wrote:You could add Vic20 ´Yleisurheilu´ (Track&Field) there.
8)
At the moment there are only entries for physical tapes I own.
I may add a section for non-commercial taps and taps from games I don't own.

There is a way to get it added for sure.....
Sell me the tape/game :-)

Seriously, I will consider adding a section for taps I don't own.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Mikam73 wrote:You could add Vic20 ´Yleisurheilu´ (Track&Field) there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0L9ZWJX8

8)
I have added TAP file to Arma TAP preservation site.

http://www.6502dude.com/cbm/vic20/arma/index.html

It may be found under "Y" section.

Finally :!: there is an entry in Y ssection :D
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

6502dude wrote:Finally there is an entry in Y section
Interesting point. Surely there must've existed some commercial Yahtzee game for the VIC? Everyone, go look! :-D
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

I've added tapes without box/packaging to c64tapes.org (at the bottom).
Request for what to dump/preserve is welcome.
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
Luigi
Vic 20 Drifter

Heads up about preservation

Post by Luigi »

Hi guys,

I was wondering how many collectors would be interested in the preservation effort. Be aware this is a big committment: I am not talking about sorting out/augmenting Arma's archive or putting together a big zip file with hundreds of tape images whose source and integrity is unknown.

Bo was on track about this and I think he was using the DC2N prototype to make images of his tapes.
In the last weeks I have tried to arrange things so that a DC2N could be mass produced entirely in a factory, but I am not quite finished yet. Designing a case has always been my issue: If I thought sending out a bare DC2N PCB with wires hanging over it was good enough, I would have already done so and let people help with the preservation tasks.

However, I think the DC2N needs a case and I would appreciate some help to figure out the best approach to have one built entirely by a factory. I am not really interested in the profit side of the thing and I am not in need of funds: if the way to go is clear then there's no need to do things on an "error & try" basis and I can keep the cost low enough.

MikeT suggested me to ask for advice here, maybe from the chaps who were involved in the Megacart project. Is there anyone interested in helping with this concern of mine about the DC2N case? Like I said, profit is not relevant for me provided that I can get people join a new level of preservation and, why not?, enjoy a DC2N playing back tape images.

Thank you.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Hey Luigi,

Welcome back !!!

Please feel free to contact me on PM or via Email for any question.

In case you don't know, I'm the firmware developer of the Mega-Cart and I'm italian too so please use our language :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
AmiDog
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by AmiDog »

Maybe you could contact Loriano Pagni who have designed and produced cases for custom boards before. Look here. (I'm getting a case for my 1541U from him.)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

AmiDog wrote:Maybe you could contact Loriano Pagni who have designed and produced cases for custom boards before.
And he'll end up with a case that costs two or three times as much as the DC2N! :|
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Heads up about preservation

Post by bokvamme »

Luigi wrote: Bo was on track about this and I think he was using the DC2N prototype to make images of his tapes.
I've lots more vic20 dumps to clean up and even more to dump :)
As I'm adding my vic20 collection to my new collectors site (still in VERY early beta) I dump all the tapes. So finally there are some progress on the vic20 dumping front.
Ashbeck
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Ashbeck »

bokvamme wrote:I've added tapes without box/packaging to c64tapes.org (at the bottom).
Request for what to dump/preserve is welcome.

oh no, you've done it now by mentioning the word "Request" :D

There was a game by Audiogenic called "Teddy" which I've never been able to find a copy, do you have a tap of it please?

I remember seeing lots of adverts for it back in 1983 and even have the following screenshot from one of my old Vicsoft catalogs:

ImageImage

Click on link below to see full advert in context:

Ashbeck
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Ashbeck »

I have another request please, this one is for a rare version of Frogger by Rabbit Software which is not to be confused with the normal unexpanded version

This one was for a 3K expansion and I have a description and screen-shot from a Vicsoft Catalog posted below.

I actually had this game many moons ago and it was one of the best versions of Frogger on the Vic - but I lost it years ago :(

fgasking
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by fgasking »

Audiogenic are still sort of going: http://www.audiogenic.com/

Might be worth asking if by chance they still have any old Vic 20 games in stock, including this.

EDIT - Just emailed them. I'll let you know how I get on.
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

Sorry, don't own Teddy. The Frogger I've got from Rabbit is the unexpanded release I'm afraid...