WANTED: Any VIC commodore computer educator cassette books

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

WANTED: Any VIC commodore computer educator cassette books

Postby eslapion » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:30 pm

These cassette books contain 6 tapes and usually have a product code beginning with CES followed by 3 digits.

Presently, I have CES-109 to CES-117.

I am interested in buying every other members of that family.

Thank you all.

User avatar
6502dude
megacart
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:53 am

Re: WANTED: Any VIC commodore computer educator cassette boo

Postby 6502dude » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:38 am

eslapion wrote:These cassette books contain 6 tapes and usually have a product code beginning with CES followed by 3 digits.

Presently, I have CES-109 to CES-117.

I am interested in buying every other members of that family.

Thank you all.


Trying to learn new stuff? :lol:

I Think I have one or more, I will check to toight when I get home.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Re: WANTED: Any VIC commodore computer educator cassette boo

Postby eslapion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:44 am

6502dude wrote:Trying to learn new stuff? :lol:

I Think I have one or more, I will check to toight when I get home.


Trying to teach some stuff... and to archive all these albums.

User avatar
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Canada

Postby ral-clan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Note that these were produced by Commodore Canada and released here only.

I have several but no extras unfortunately. They are nicely packaged.

Active Surplus in Toronto used to have a very large cardboard box (stove sized) full of loose casettes from these books in the middle of their store (this was in the late 1990s).

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:48 pm

ral-clan wrote:Note that these were produced by Commodore Canada and released here only.

I have several but no extras unfortunately. They are nicely packaged.

Active Surplus in Toronto used to have a very large cardboard box (stove sized) full of loose casettes from these books in the middle of their store (this was in the late 1990s).


If you have any cassette books that I do not have, do you think you could afford the energy and time in helping me archive these?

User avatar
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Canada

Postby ral-clan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:16 am

Okay, also Eslapion, I have tried to archive images of these off of Ebay over the past several years so I might even have images of all of the ones ever produced (and I think I own about 5).

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:18 am

I am particularly looking for assistance archiving CES-108 Math Book I.

Thank you.

User avatar
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Canada

Postby ral-clan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:25 pm

Hello,

I checked my collection and this is what I have:

Math Book I, VT108-A (missing some cassettes)
Math Book II, CES-109 (one complete book and another partial)
English Book I, CES-111
French Book I, CES-113
Francais Livre II, CES-121F

I am also pretty certain I have all the cassettes from one of the Physics Books, and the paper insert (removed from the original binder).

I also have a loose cassette from a Social Studies book: "The Founding Nations" SS-6 (I do not know which exact book this is from).

Also I have the following "books" in the same kind of format:

Home Calculation Pack, VT-107-E
Recreation Program Pack, VT-106-E (I have extras of these for trade).

I believe the above are all Commodore Canada releases exclusively.

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:11 pm

ral-clan wrote:Hello,

I checked my collection and this is what I have:

Math Book I, VT108-A (missing some cassettes)
Math Book II, CES-109 (one complete book and another partial)
English Book I, CES-111
French Book I, CES-113
Francais Livre II, CES-121F

I am also pretty certain I have all the cassettes from one of the Physics Books, and the paper insert (removed from the original binder).

I also have a loose cassette from a Social Studies book: "The Founding Nations" SS-6 (I do not know which exact book this is from).

Also I have the following "books" in the same kind of format:

Home Calculation Pack, VT-107-E
Recreation Program Pack, VT-106-E (I have extras of these for trade).

I believe the above are all Commodore Canada releases exclusively.


If you have an extra of the recreation program pack VT-106-E then I would be willing to buy it from you.

I would also ask if you would be willing to lend me CES-121F (Français Livre II) for the purpose of archiving it.

I will make everything publicly available once the archiving is complete. Most likely by giving it to Bo Zimmers.

Thank you.

User avatar
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Canada

Postby ral-clan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:25 pm

okay, i think you have my personal e-mail address. Please feel free to e-mail me to remind me. I believe I do have an extra recreation pack I would be willing to sell. Thanks.

Key-Quest
Vic 20 Drifter
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Postby Key-Quest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 pm

I have Math Book I (VT-108A), all 6 cassettes and instructions etc., it is complete as far as I know. Also have CES 112 to 114 complete.

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:26 pm

@Key-Quest:

PM sent!

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks to Key-Quest, I have now recovered Math Book I (VT-108) and Chemistry Book I(CES-114).

Ral-Clan, would you be interested in lending me your Français Livre II (CES-121F) ?

User avatar
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: Canada

Postby ral-clan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:10 am

yes I would....please PM me your address and I will send it out to you in about a week (when I return from a bit of a sojourn).

eslapion
ultimate expander
Posts: 4330
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Canada
Occupation: 8bit addict

Postby eslapion » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Thank you very much Ral-Clan for Francais Livre II.

Francois


Return to “Collecting and History”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests