History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Vic CD-ROM

Post by Jeff-20 »

Can we make a VIC 20 version of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 92743&rd=1

I mean one that's really intense with all manuals, etc. and VIC-centered.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ooh.. apart from it smells like it breaks eBay rules (no pirate copies), it already includes 1400+ VIC-20 files.

The Café VIC project mentioned before is supposedly going to do this, maybe except for the software itself. We'll see what happens after the summer. I already invited the group members here - maybe that was how Leo found the board?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

I cant remember for sure but I think I saw a post on c.s.c about the vic forum here and had to come and join. :) I wish the cd project would keep going as it is a great project. Nobody seems to want to help. I put out pleas to everyone to get together their lists of cartridges owned so I could go through them and assign small workloads so people could help with reviews. While a few people came through, there wasnt much interest to help.
I dont know why people would join a group like that and then not help. Even if you are too busy, at least say so. Brent is a good leader so im sure once he gets his work done and gets posting again, hopefully we can get somewhere.

As for a cd, I made one awhile back for my ide64 controller on my C64. I had over 20000 files all ready to run off the cd. No emulators but included rom files and anything Ive ever dloaded off the net thats in the .prg, .bin format. I could redo it and offer it to people if they like. I would ask for shipping and a reasonable fee for supplies and time. Maybe something like $12 includes worldwide shipping. Ive dloaded quite a bit of stuff since then but if there is enough interest I will redo it. Let me know if you are interested.

Leo