SaV64 [Final Batch]

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

SaV64 [Final Batch]

Post by SkydivinGirl »

This is the final batch of SaV64 devices. There is a $5 discount for devices that do not have perfect cases but are otherwise fully functional.

The SaV64 was designed and created in collaboration with e5frog, based on his OVG64 over voltage protector. It uses an over voltage protection controller to allow you to safely use your original Commodore power supply or an alternative power source with your Commodore computers.

User Guide: http://www.hookturn.com/files/SaV64%20User%20Guide.pdf

Image Image Image

Here’s the complete list of features:

- Protect your Commodore 64(C/G/GS/Aldi), Commodore MAX, Commodore VIC-20 CR, or Plus/4 (with an adapter) from overvoltage on the 5VDC line.
- 5VDC and 9VAC Barrel connectors to allow easy use of alternative power sources. 5VDC barrel input is also protected from overvoltage.
- Use an external 5VDC power source and continue using your Commodore power supply for 9VAC even when its 5VDC has failed.
- Designed to handle 3 Amps in order to protect and power your system.
- High quality relay that disconnects both DC and AC lines in the case of an overvoltage condition.
- Dual color LED indicating the 5VDC status: Normal (Green) or Tripped (Red)
- Can be reset with the recessed reset button or by unplugging the power source.
- LED indicator shows when voltage is safe or tripped.
- Four possible trip point settings to customize the protection to your system.
- A high quality aluminum enclosure with factory cut openings. The case is quite small at around 2.5 Inches Wide by 2.8 Inches Deep and 1.5 Inches tall.
- 3M Rubber Feet and a professionally printed SaV64 logo are also included to complete the device.

$45.00 – One complete kit. ** Everything you need to assemble one SaV64. I will solder the surface mount components for you if you are not capable of attaching those yourself.

** Kits are guaranteed to have all the parts and they will be shipped in a new box with adequate packing material to protect the parts. I cannot be responsible if a device you assemble does not work. I will work with you to perform troubleshooting and help in any way I can.

$85.00 - One fully assembled and tested device. ***

$80.00 - One fully assembled and tested device with an imperfect case. The cases on these devices have some fairly minor imperfections. I'll send you a picture of the imperfections if you want one of these. ***

*** All fully assembled devices now have the output cable coming out of the case on the opposite side from the inputs.

Please send me a PM with your Full Name and Full Shipping Address as well as the number of devices so I can give you an accurate shipping quote. Also let me know if you want fully assembled devices or kits.

Shipping Notice: Each device is about 8 Ounces. Shipping up to three devices to most countries outside the USA will cost around $22.50. Please send me your mailing address via PM along with the number of kits you want so I can get you an accurate shipping quote. Shipping to Canada is less expensive than other International destinations. Shipping up to two devices within the USA is $7.15. If shipping prices change between the time you place your pre-order and the actual shipping date, you will be responsible for the difference.

PAYPAL NOTICE: Payment must be made via PayPal Gift/Friends/Family payment.

Please read the following before contacting me to buy:

Please be courteous of my time. If you do not contact me after I take the time to get a shipping quote and send it to you then I will not sell anything to you in the future. All I ask is that you respond, even if the shipping quote is too high or something comes up and you can't afford it.

Thanks!

Heather

A video of the SaV64 using two non-Commodore power supplies. Credit to spannernick for letting me share it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQ6nCRmGb4
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Re: SaV64 [Final Batch]

Post by cbmeeks »

I finally got around to assembling mine this last weekend. It feels great knowing that my precious VIC/C64 are now protected.

Are you going to do another round?
Cat; the other white meat.
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

This is the absolutely last batch. It's the last of the cases that I have. I'll still have some PCBs available after this batch but I won't be making any more fully assembled devices or kits.

Glad you got yours assembled!

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

I have 10 kits for sale. These are the last kits I will be selling. After those are gone, I will only be offering fully assembled devices until I am completely sold out.

I have 4 fully assembled and tested devices ready for immediate shipping. Two are 2.0mm plugs, two are 2.5mm plugs. I am building more units but this is what is ready to ship.

Heather
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by dragos »

put me down for a kit please!
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

I have sent you a PM. :)

Thanks!

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Until the end of the month, I am discounting the five remaining fully assembled SaV64s that have imperfect cases an additional $5, making them $75 each. These are fully functional SaV64s with cases that have imperfections (slight discolorations, corner dings, scratches, etc). Most of the imperfections cannot be seen from a few feet away. Get one before they are gone! Smile

I also still have fully assembled devices with standard condition cases available at the regular price.

Heather