Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

vicassembly
Vic 20 Devotee

Ultima - IT'S BACK... Race you to it!

Post by vicassembly »

eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Ultima - IT'S BACK... Race you to it!

Post by eslapion »

For whomever has 2500$US to spare... :roll:

Duh!
Be normal.
taborj
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by taborj »

Plus shipping, which for me is an astounding $91.90.
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Is their any game ever made that would go for that much? Could the prising be a typo? Should someone inform the seller?
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

Nope not a typo, he's offering a payment plan.
R'zo
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

taborj wrote:Plus shipping, which for me is an astounding $91.90.
I've just paid 27 usd$ in Global Shipping "service" from Ebay, for shipping a single piece of paper with an autograph by Martin Landau...
Kind regards, Peter.
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

No, price is deliberate, and insane. A complete version sells for around that price.

As for any game made that goes for that much, yes... I can think of two complete games that have sold for over $30k each at least.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
cbmeeks
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by cbmeeks »

That's nothing. Insane...but nowhere near the craziness collectors will pay.

I once saw an NES game (World Championship Gold) **SELL** for over $100K USD. I mean....someone actually paid it. Well, I assume the deal went through...eBay listed it as ended with a final bid of over $100K.

I have a screenshot of it somewhere.
Cat; the other white meat.
R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by R'zo »

That is madness to me. Some of my favorite games I have yet to rebuy copies of because I can't find copies for less than $100 dollars. No matter how good a game is or how much I would love to play it, it's not worth that much to me. Unless it's bundled with awesome accessories.
R'zo
Forbidden64
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Forbidden64 »

R'zo wrote:That is madness to me. Some of my favorite games I have yet to rebuy copies of because I can't find copies for less than $100 dollars. No matter how good a game is or how much I would love to play it, it's not worth that much to me. Unless it's bundled with awesome accessories.
Well, He did include a datasette... :lol:

Some Infocom games go for over 250$ easy, and Ultima games are quite rare in box and shrink wrapped. This however is not in box, the tape cover is missing, the manual is yellowed and crinkly...I think he way over priced it. In perfect shrink wrapped condition it might be worth $500 to some... but hey, give it another 20 years and it will easily be worth $2,000. I guess the value = how bad you want it + how much cash you have laying around gathering dust + how many come up for sale and how often.

The RCR guys pointed out that if you see an item you like on auction and it is going for a high price...just pass. You'll see two or three more auctions pop up in a few weeks and they won't go nearly as high(assuming it was an auction). All the people thinking that the first auction was a benchmark that defines all future interest in the item. In truth, a lot of the original bidders were probably sighing relief that they didn't win because they just saved thousands of dollars and dodged the bullet in their blind greed of the moment to win the auction and get the item. Then they don't bother with the following auctions for a while. I know I have found myself in that situation several times. I found myself hoping to be outbid...

The last time this happened, I was desperately trying to get an ASR 33 Teletype. I really want one, and every time they go up for auction they whiz past my budget. The last auction I attempted 2 years ago and the price was nearly $1000 by the end. I kept bidding out of frustration! Who was this jerk who kept out bidding me?! I want a teletype!!! Finally, at around the $1000 mark I just let them(hoped they would) outbid me because I knew at that point, I was overspending for a future project I didn't even have time for, at a time when things weren't really smiling on me in life.