WTB Vic-20 NTSC Kernal (901486-06)

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Lane
Vic 20 Newbie

WTB Vic-20 NTSC Kernal (901486-06)

Post by Lane »

Hello - long time lurker, first time poster. I picked up a non-working Vic-20 recently; I've determined that the kernal ROM is the source of the problem. Does anyone here have one for sale, or can you direct me to someone who does? Thanks in advance!
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: WTB Vic-20 NTSC Kernal (901486-06)

Post by MCes »

I have what you want,
but from Italy the shipment is expensive,
if you are lucky somebody in your continent could have a ROM for you...
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Got that! Please PM me!
Be normal.
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

MCes wrote:I have what you want,
but from Italy the shipment is expensive,
if you are lucky somebody in your continent could have a ROM for you...
From Germany a worldwide 50g letter is 1.50 euro. It's more from Italy?
MCes
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MCes »

From Italy to USA:
untracked max 20 mm (thin!), max 50 g: 3.70€ (20mm means without bubbles-protection...)
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

mrr19121970 wrote:From Germany a worldwide 50g letter is 1.50 euro. It's more from Italy?
If you send an IC using this type of service, there is a great deal of chance it will get crushed by the letter sorting machines which uses very powerful rotating rubber drums.

It's always safer to send electronic components as packages. I use DVD jewel cases that ensure it is less than 20mm thick and offer decent physical protection.
Be normal.
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

eslapion wrote:
mrr19121970 wrote:If you send an IC using this type of service, there is a great deal of chance it will get crushed by the letter sorting machines which uses very powerful rotating rubber drums.

It's always safer to send electronic components as packages. I use DVD jewel cases that ensure it is less than 20mm thick and offer decent physical protection.
Heh, I just received my two SwinSID Ultimate boards in an envelope from Hungary. No bubble wrap, just a little bit of regular foam wrapped around the boards. Needless to say, the legs on both boards were flattened. But were they flattened before shipment or during shipment...? :)

Back from yesterday's SCCAN meeting,
Robert Bernardo
June 10-11 Pacific Commodore Expo NW -
http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex
July 29-30 Commodore Vegas Expo v13 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

RobertBe wrote:Heh, I just received my two SwinSID Ultimate boards in an envelope from Hungary. No bubble wrap, just a little bit of regular foam wrapped around the boards. Needless to say, the legs on both boards were flattened.
Face-palm...

I was quite surprised on Amibay when a couple of people complimented the way I package the items I sell. It's so easy to do it right and it costs about 1.50$.

There are so many SwinSIDs which have been sold and the people who offer them still can't get the packing right. So sad.
Be normal.
Lane
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Lane »

I appreciate the offiers; I think I've sourced one elsewhere, but I'll be sure to check back in if it falls through. Thanks!
Kakemoms
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by Kakemoms »

RobertBe wrote:
eslapion wrote:
mrr19121970 wrote:If you send an IC using this type of service, there is a great deal of chance it will get crushed by the letter sorting machines which uses very powerful rotating rubber drums.

Heh, I just received my two SwinSID Ultimate boards in an envelope from Hungary. No bubble wrap, just a little bit of regular foam wrapped around the boards. Needless to say, the legs on both boards were flattened. But were they flattened before shipment or during shipment...? :)
Anything to save on shipment.. Lol.

I often get IC's from China/HK, and very few of them has bent legs.
anti-static-plastic-ic-shipping-tubes.png
anti-static-plastic-ic-shipping-tubes.png (96.1 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Proper packaging of IC's

Lane: did you get hold of a Kernal replacement? I can burn one for you, but shipping is untracked (around 3.6Euro shipping).