Sold: Final Expansion 3 Rev 11

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

topcat
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: Pre-Orders: Final Expansion 3 Rev 11

Post by topcat »

Please would you put my name down for one of these too!
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

I've added you to my list and send you a PM when I begin pre-orders. :)

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Hey everyone!

Here’s a quick update. I finally received the EEPROMs (Hurray!) and have tested some of the fully assembled units. Everything is looking good. I also received the custom case from COREi64 so I can finish tweaking the label for that. :)

Next Steps:

1. Send survey to users who have not yet specified which label they want
2. Finish label design and produce them
3. Program EEPROMs
4. Finish packaging kits
5. Finish fully assembled devices
6. Ship

I know there are some postal system issues happening right now in Europe. Please let me know if you want me to delay your shipment until after these issues have been resolved.

Thanks for your patience!

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

OK. The FE3 label for COREi64's case is pretty much done. Here it is on the case he sent to me. Sorry about the poor lighting in the pics. :)

Image Image

There are a few small adjustments I'm going to make to ease application but the pictures pretty much show the final result. I bought a die cutting machine specifically for this project and it's working beautifully. Your label will be pre-cut so you can just peel and stick.

I've had a lot of queries about getting both labels. One label is included with your original purchase but I will sell additional labels of either type for $1 each. Just send a PayPal Gift payment to the address I already sent you along with the number and style of label you want (Original Case or COREi64 Case).

Be aware that these are vinyl laser printed stickers. Since they are not professionally printed, they are not thick. I have found that these stickers are durable and wear quite well so that's why I'm continuing to use them. With the die cutting machine, they look quite professional.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Best looking cart for the VIC - EVER! :shock:
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

I don't know about that but thanks for the compliment! I always try to make these projects as professional as possible. :) Of course, I couldn't do these without lots of help from e5frog on the electronics and COREi64 with his wonderful cases.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Hi everyone!!!

All the kits are ready to go and all the assembled units have been assembled, tested, and are ready to ship! I'm waiting on the label materials, which should arrive Tuesday, then I'll finish creating those and begin shipping! :D

Speaking of the label, I have the COREi64 case label changes complete. They are small changes but they make it fit the case much better. I'm very happy with how it all turned out.

I'll send tracking information and customs information when your package ships. :mrgreen:

Heather
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

Sounds great!

Happy New Year!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Pretty much all the devices are packed and ready to go! I'm going to create shipping labels and send everyone Customs or Tracking numbers today but the packages will not ship until Monday.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting this project! Hopefully we'll get enough interest for another batch. :D

Heather
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Everyone,

If you received a PM from me with tracking or customs information then your package is now in the hands of the Post Office. I will post assembly directions later today. These directions will also include information on the best way to apply the COREi64 label to the case. :thumbsup:

Heather
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Re: Sold: Final Expansion 3 Rev 11

Post by Jeff-20 »

Got mine today! It's awesome. Well worth the price. One note to others that got it: there was a bit of a mix up with the preloaded games. They're not the ones I submitted to Heather. The ones on there seem to be the first few titles in alphabetical order from my old "Archive Collection" including games I made in childhood. I hope you get a laugh from an incomplete skateboard game and, like, five iterations of the same game. hahaha I guess that's easily fixed. With the Megacart and Princess, I now have a monster machine!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

Glad you like it Jeff!

I didn't know which games were the latest so I went with what I could find. Let me know which ones should be removed from the pre-load list and I'll make sure they aren't there on the next batch. :)

Heather
Va. Slim
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Va. Slim »

Hmmm... I hope there's another batch in the works; trying to get more use out of the Vic!
SkydivinGirl
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by SkydivinGirl »

There is another batch! I'm taking pre-order payments now. See the following thread then send me a PM with what you'd like to get and your full name and shipping address so I can send you a shipping quote and payment information. :)

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bul ... f=3&t=8351

Heather
HattyDamp
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by HattyDamp »

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my observation there is an error on PCB design: cart port pins 20 and 21 are tied together with a large trace.At first I thought it would be a major mistake but then I noticed pin 20 is simply NC on the VIC's cart port.The Commodore 64 has the 2nd and 3rd top leftmost cart port pins attached to +5V, not the VIC-20. In the case of the C64, they are numbered 2 and 3.