Free to a good home - lots of Commodore stuff

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

pitcalco
just pitcalco

Free to a good home - lots of Commodore stuff

Post by pitcalco »

Hello gang!

I have just completed a very daunting and arduous move to Berlin. I really got a sense of what is important to keep and what I need to let go.
As much as it pains me, I decided not to be too sentimental and I am thus getting rid of most of my Commodore stuff. I am keeping one and only one complete VIC system, but mostly my legacy computing will be by emulation, i.e., VICE.

That said, I have stuff many here might want. I suppose I could try to get a few quid for them on ebay, but frankly the space in the new flat and my time are worth more to me than the money; moreover, I would rather see this stuff go to some of you on this forum since I know you will appreciate it.

So here is the deal. Tell me what things you would like in particular. Simply pay me the postage costs by PayPal and the respective items are yours.

1. Commodore 128 system in original box. Works fine and is still cosmetically appealing (not so much yellowing). Manuals in both English and Swedish. NOTE: This is a 220 V PAL system.

2. Commodore Modem 1200. In original, unopened box. Still in original plastic sealing wrap. Never been used.

3. Commodore 1571 - 220V Model. Please note that this is NOT WORKING at present. It has all the cables and connectors; however, when I plug it in and hook it up, the drive simply spins and makes a ticking sound without ever really getting ready. Still, if any of you tech-savvy fellows think you can get this thing going, it is yours for the asking.

4. Commodore 1541-II 220V Model. Now this one is working; however, there is NO POWER UNIT and NO CONNECTING CABLE. If you have spare ones or you can rig something up, this might be a good deal for you.

5. "Money Decisions I" software for the VIC 20 in original box and manual.

6. "Word Perfect" software for the Commodore 64 in original box.

7. 16K RAM expander for the VIC 20. Once the property of Carlsson.

8. Commodore VIC 20 - PAL 220V System. Comes with some documentation in Swedish. Also, the video connector is a DIN to RCA (I think: namely, there are two single RCA-looking connectors coming out - one for video and one for audio, I assume).

9. VIC 20 "Introduction to Basic, Part I" booklet only. Decent condition.

10. Dr. Watson's Beginner's Assembly Language book and cassette set. Good condition.

11. Gorek and the Microchips book and cassettes in original box. NOTE: It appears that the information on the cassettes has been degraded to the point where some of the programs cannot be used. I originally asked eslapion for help in getting the coding. Look elsewhere on this forum and you will find his efforts in getting the working programs available. If you think you might want this, just ask.

12. One datasette recorder (the rounded white-coloured model). I think some of the buttons are a bit touchy, but it does work.

13. Personal Accounting Manager: I mention this only because I don't want my work to go to waste. PAM was a Compute type-in program that offered a wide suite of personal accounting applications. I typed in the entire thing and found it was rather impressive given what it was. Now, I have the entire manual printed out, including the program listings, and placed in a small binder. Furthermore, there are three 5.25 inch diskettes containing the entire suite. I would rather not throw it into the dustbin since that took days of work, so if anyone would like it, please let me know.

14. 60-in-one Electronics lab. Not a Commodore product, of course, but part of the lot I need to give away. Interesting hobby/instructional tool for beginners in electronics. It would be a shame to let it go to waste. I hope one of you fellows might like it.

Please stay tuned! I will also be giving away an NTSC 110V VIC 20. I just need to find the power cords and video cables etc once I have finished unpacking.

Any requests or questions, please ask here.
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Re: Free to a good home - lots of Commodore stuff

Post by pitcalco »

By the way, I won't be offended if you simply want some of this stuff in order to sell on. You are doing me a favour by taking this off my hands, and you are sparing my emotions in that I do not have to throw it all away. If you can flip any of this stuff for a few bob, so much the better.
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Wow great deal 8) I would be much interested in the Vic-20 system (and Vic-20 products in general) - I live in Denmark.
What is the shipping cost to me?
Kind regards, Peter.
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Alright, Joshua (or Peter). The PAL Vic 20 system is yours, provisionally. I will find out the postage costs tomorrow and get back to you so we can confirm.
While you are here, anything else you want on that list that I can put into the same box? Perhaps the 16K expansion cart would go well with it. Anything else? The more I can send off at once, the lower the costs of postage.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Thanks, so kind of You.

I'm really interested in all Vic20 related stuff, including the modem and expansion :D
Kind regards, Peter.
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Alright, it is yours. I will get back tomorrow with a price for the postage.

Take care

Paul Lambert
Berlin
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Just before I go, this is what your box contains so far:
-The VIC 20 with the power unit and DIN-RCA cable
-C2N cassette unit
-16K expansion
-Joystick
-A few cartridges:
Personal Finance,
Speed Math/Bingo Math,
Home Babysitter,
Radar Ratrace,
2 x Cosmic Cruncher
-Several manuals in Swedish (should be no problem for a Dane):
Lär dig VIC 20
Mikrodatorns function - VIC
BASIC på VIC
Grafik och Ljud på VIC
Programmeringshandbok
-The new Modem 1200

Now, there is probably room for me to squeeze in the Dr. Watson assembly language course, but I really want that to go to someone who is serious about taking up machine language programming. If you are and you want it, just say the word. Your box will then be full 8)

Paul Lambert
Berlin
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Almost like Christmas :D

Thanks alot :D
Kind regards, Peter.

Post by dragos »

I would be interested in the PAL 128. I am in the US.
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Josh-I take that as a "yes" to the Dr. Watson course (?)

Dragos. If you have use for a PAL 128 and can convert the voltage (220 V - 110V), I see no reason why you cannot have it. The 128 is yours, provisionally. I will get back later with a price on the postage to the US. (It might be a bit hefty - it is OK to change your mind later if you find it is too much).

Paul Lambert
Berlin
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Josh, Dragos

Just bear with me for a little while. I couldn't get out to the post office today, but I will make a point of it early tomorrow.
Hold tight.

THanks.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

pitcalco wrote:Josh, Dragos

Just bear with me for a little while. I couldn't get out to the post office today, but I will make a point of it early tomorrow.
Hold tight.

THanks.
No rush, just keep it in retro pace 8)
Kind regards, Peter.

Post by dragos »

No worries, I am in no rush :)
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Post by pitcalco »

Hi Joshuadenmark,

It will cost 21.99 euros to send you the parcel. If you are game, PM me with your complete address details and I will give you my PayPal account number.

Dragos, I will get around to yours shortly, but before I get a price I wanted to tell you that there is probably enough room in the box to add the cassette unit, the Word Perfect software and the Personal Accounting Manager. Do you want those?

Paul Lambert
Berlin
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Great, pm sent :D
Kind regards, Peter.