WTB: HESMON or VICMON

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

JohnnyRockets
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Re:

Post by JohnnyRockets »

Witzo wrote:I like to develop with Aart Bik's 6502 compiler (mac/win/lin2c64) and the VICE emulator:

http://www.aartbik.com/MISC/c64.html

And then I copy the .prg-files it creates, to a disk image for transfer through zoomfloppy or sd2iec to the real VIC.

I did the latter half of my Denial-demo and the Poxelshows with it (first half of the Denial demo I did in the monitor of Power20 and VICE, but now I prefer mac2c64).

Hi Witzo (all),

Hi all,

I'm back after being away for a loooooong time... and as you might imagine, I'm wanting to get started again...

Life kind of put my VIC-20 dreams on hold, but I have a new laptop with emulation that I'm going to incorporate into the ultimate "emulation station" hopefully! :)

That being said, the comment above caught my eye... I'm going to try out this assembler, but had a question.

Can anyone tell me how to copy the .prg files it creates, to a disk image for transfer to an emulator?
Thanks!

JR

><>
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Re:

Post by Witzo »

JohnnyRockets wrote:
Witzo wrote:I like to develop with Aart Bik's 6502 compiler (mac/win/lin2c64) and the VICE emulator:

http://www.aartbik.com/MISC/c64.html

And then I copy the .prg-files it creates, to a disk image for transfer through zoomfloppy or sd2iec to the real VIC.

I did the latter half of my Denial-demo and the Poxelshows with it (first half of the Denial demo I did in the monitor of Power20 and VICE, but now I prefer mac2c64).

Hi Witzo (all),

Hi all,

I'm back after being away for a loooooong time... and as you might imagine, I'm wanting to get started again...

Life kind of put my VIC-20 dreams on hold, but I have a new laptop with emulation that I'm going to incorporate into the ultimate "emulation station" hopefully! :)

That being said, the comment above caught my eye... I'm going to try out this assembler, but had a question.

Can anyone tell me how to copy the .prg files it creates, to a disk image for transfer to an emulator?
I've been away on other projects for a while too. But the Denial site kindly warned me that you posted a question.

This is how I did it with Aart Bik's assembler:

>mac2c64 -er file.s
gives file.rw, which can be dragged-and-dropped straight into a VICE window to run.
File.rw can be renamed to file.prg and included in a .d64.