VIC20 Tapes, NEW! (Canadian Tire Complimentary Game Pack)

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

I've extracted the tape and have a set of WAV files, T64 files, and PRG files. Let me know what you want and I should be able to email it!

=]

Very glad the package arrived OK.

; )
[Canadian Tire Complimentary Game Pack] - Tapes >>ARE<< available!
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Vic20-Ian wrote:I don't want to to open it - has anyone dumped it yet to a zip I could download?
I turned it into a D64 years ago, you can download it here:

http://www.jammingsignal.com/vic/CDNTIRE.d64
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

Schema, many thanks.

I would have been really pleased to have got this tape with my Vic as good as Race, Hoppit, Type a Tune and Blitz were, there are some nice games here.

Of note Vicman, Tank Gunner and Dam Busters and a really nice Breakout. Car race is good too, even stops you reversing over the start finish line for a fast lap ;-)
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
HeroHero
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by HeroHero »

Centallica wrote:
Greetings from the Lakehead, long time lurker here … :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the Canadian Tire game pack. The package arrived in a very safe, nonviolent fashion last Friday … it took me most of the weekend to unwrap the thing, but all is intact!

I had all these games as a kid on a dubbed cassette, so it’s nice to have the original.

I’m setting up my Vic 20 next week, so I’ll give the games a good go …

My setup should coincide with the arrival of a new joystick (well, new to me that is) so I’m pretty pumped about that as well.

Thanks again!
Welcome fellow Thunder Bay'er...that makes 2 in Thunder Bay and 1 (myself) who's from Thunder Bay but escaped :D

Any 1st name to put to the user-name?

Brian
Didn’t expect any other members to be from Thunder Bay, but it shouldn’t surprise me really, Commodore was huge in Tbay when I was a kid – it’s nice to see that the 8 bit community is still alive. I just love the fact that hardware and software is still being produced …

I’ve already picked up my Mega-cart, next on my list is the Final Expansion cart so I can play Berzerk on my Vic …

Now about those high scores …

Cheers,
Justin W
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

Just giving this a bump for May. Still have many tapes left!
OBSysteme
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by OBSysteme »

Marstedt : Oh my goodness... I am suprised... guess what? I have that game pack, found a used copy a few months ago locally. By looking at your copies and mine, guess what I noticed... the writing on mine is entirely in english! no french on it at all.

This is in violation of my rights ! hahaha (yes, I am a dreaded canadian francophone stuck with an english-only Canadian Tire Vic-20 tape :P :?).

This is so neat, it might be that in the early eighties, it was not yet mandatory to have bilingual writing on consumer goods on a national scale?

Canadian language issues are creating collecting opportunities on Vic-20 material? that's one positive aspect of the language debate I guess

so do you still have surplusses of the Canadian tirer tapes with binlingual printing?

I should find time to upload pictures of my monolinguistic version.
:D
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

Hey OBSysteme thanks for posting this up! (it was about due anyway) That's a neat piece of information to add to the story. I would have never guessed that such a thing existed. Cool!

Yes I have several tapes left, I just came across the 'Shipping Center' this past weekend. Interesting? Coincidence? Or just plain MADDNESS!?? (hehee)

Let me know if you're interested (send a PM with postal code for a shipping price) and I'll 'fire' one off to you in a jiffy. :)
OBSysteme
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by OBSysteme »

Here are the images for the english-only version I have. I have dumped it in wordpress for now, while i'm at it, I migh write a review and description when i have time:

http://obsysteme.wordpress.com/2010/07/ ... game-pack/

Would be nice to know more about the mystery behind the existance of two version, but it might be next to impossible to uncover this mystery?
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

Wooop!

Back online ... still have tapes. :)
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

The evening was still yet, there was a sense of motion in the air. I looked up and after a quick survey of the stars, knew it was a good night to fly.

Soon the truth will be known. Soon ... the results of long-torn efforts will be realized. The new 2.0 composite packing will be launched to a secret admirer, but this time ... make it a double!

shadyman
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by shadyman »

Win! Got mine today.. Definitely arrived in indestructible packaging. :D
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

!BAM!

Great news! Glad to hear the new v2.0 packing is delivering. :]
shadyman
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by shadyman »

+1 for creative packaging, BTW 8)
Marstedt
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Marstedt »

Thanks and you're welcome!

:wink:
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

Hi Marstedt. I sent you a PM, but I don't think it left my outbox! I would be interested in buying a Canadian Tire tape, if you have any left, and if you can send to the UK. Do the games work OK on PAL VIC20s?