WTB: NTSC Jelly Monsters (VIC-1905)

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

There is a copy on Tradera at the moment:
http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction. ... =102701945

The same seller has a bunch of interesting VIC-20 items, mainly expansion boards and books.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
oracle_jedi
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by oracle_jedi »

Gabriel Angelos wrote:Do you know if there is both a PAL and NTSC version of the game? I spoke to someone on Lemon who offered a PAL version. Is there only one version of the game that runs on both?
There is only one version of the game, and it runs fine on both PAL and NTSC. PAL users need to centre the screen as is common to most Commodore cartridges.

One point to note is there is a "bug" in the game whereby it does not initialize correctly on later VIC computers, leading to graphical corruption as the ghosts move.

Earlier computers do not have this problem.

There is a V2 patched version available for download that fixes this problem and this is the version used in the Mega Cart.
Gabriel Angelos
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Gabriel Angelos »

Thanks for all the info everyone :) I was able to find one for sale in Europe last week and it arrived today :D

beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: WTB: NTSC Jelly Monsters (VIC-1905)

Post by beamrider »

I know it's a long shot, but I'm now looking for one too (must be boxed with insructions).
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: WTB: NTSC Jelly Monsters (VIC-1905)

Post by beamrider »

Well, suprisingly I had this cart already in my collection so now I just need the instruction booklet (I can canibalise another commodore cartidge box). So if anyone that owns this cart would be kind enough to scan the booklet and upload somewhere that would be much appreceated.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

oracle_jedi wrote:There is only one version of the game, and it runs fine on both PAL and NTSC. PAL users need to centre the screen as is common to most Commodore cartridges.

One point to note is there is a "bug" in the game whereby it does not initialize correctly on later VIC computers, leading to graphical corruption as the ghosts move.

Earlier computers do not have this problem.

There is a V2 patched version available for download that fixes this problem and this is the version used in the Mega Cart.
This is astounding to me. This means there are differences between early 2-Prong PSU VICs and later ones with C64 style PSU connectors.

The early machines use 10 2114 SRAM chips while newer VICs use only 2 2114 and a pair of 2116. How could there be any difference between the two from a software point of view is beyond my understanding.

Can anyone explain this to me? I had to change the menu of the Behr-Bonz 2008 carts just for this one game and I did put the fixed V2 version in after the 20 first carts.

The BB Menu now fills ram with zeros before starting any game.
Be normal.