German Vic

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

German Vic

Post by Jeff-20 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 77669&rd=1

An "unusual version" ? Is the german model rare? I know I've been desperately seeking the Japanese version with no luck. I spent hours digging in boxes in tokyo resale shops!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Apart from the function keys look more grey than brown, my VIC-20 looks like that when it comes to the logotype. I think s/n, whether the power connector is 2-prong or DIN and if one dares, opening the computer and noting all the revisions inside is a much better way to determine how different it is than look at the sticker.

On Vintage Computer Forum, I posted all the numbers I found inside my two VICs. Maybe I should repost them here, although they didn't make much sense when it comes to dating the computer based on numbers and revisions.

Regarding the Japanese VIC-1001 (isn't it?), I think it is much rare, ages beyond any "German" VIC or VC-20. To find one that isn't already in the hands of an collector, one has to live in Japan, speak fluent Japanese and pull the right strings to find someone who still one in the closet.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image