As seen on TV

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

As seen on TV

Post by carlsson »

Here is some auction from Swedish site Tradera (which IMHO has taken the market share eBay otherwise would've had):

http://www.tradera.com/auction/AMIGA___ ... id_7251415

Nothing spectacular with six unexpanded Imagine games (IIRC - maybe Jumpin Jack was not Imagine?), but the graphic in the upper right corner makes me wonder - what does "As seen on TV" mean? Did someone really advertise game collections or even indivdual games on TV, or was this something initially sold through TV Shop?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Xanadu
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Xanadu »

Anders

Beau-Jolly were a company that were around the time that the Vic-20 was at its end in the UK. They were just like a holding company that bought the rights to games and then released them on compilations

The also advertised on UK TV which explains the sticker

3D Jumpin Jack was definately never released by Imagine as a solo game, I have a feeling this might be the game Jumpin Jack which was released by Livewire/Sumlock. Although I dont understand why they would put the 3D on the front ? Perhaps it was a game that imagine did for the Vic-20 that was never released except as part of this gamepack

Why dont you buy it and settle the argument for us! :wink:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yep, I also think both Invaders and Jumpin Jack are by Livewire, but didn't remember their name. Based on the C64 screenshot (I have no VIC screenshot available), it looks enough 3D for me to buy the new name.

To confuse matters more, Imagine released "Jumping Jack" (notice the G) for the ZX Spectrum, which seems to be a one-dimensional platform game. Maybe this is the reason why Beau-Jolly would call it 3D so no-one confused Imagine's VIC catalog with the Speccy one...
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image