OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Schema wrote:Hey guys - sorry I haven't replied recently, was on vacation without much email or Web access. Anyway, I would like to get one! Great job Brian et al.
I heard rumour you were at a rodeo in Alberta getting information to build a robotic mechanical bull for NASA's latest training project?

How did you make out cowboy?

Any pics of you in cowboy boots and cowboy hat? :lol:

Brian
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Centallica wrote:Any pics of you in cowboy boots and cowboy hat? :lol:
Check my facebook profile :wink: (Not quite a cowboy hat, but close enough)
frax
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by frax »

I want a PAL one...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Hi guys, i've the pleasure to annunce that after a lot of work the final MEGA-CART version will be unique for both PAL and NTSC machines so just one unit for both system.

Thanks to Eslapion for his suggestion, in the first state i've discarded this hypothesis because i wish to preserve much space as possible for other things but with some menu adjustment and a lot of PAL/NTSC cart fix (the harder work) i've preserved all the free space so now we have a unique Mega-Cart for PAL/NTSC and some address free too.

Free addresses means other things to store and other ideas come in my mind...

For sure the Mega-Cart will contain the Robotic Liberation Demo and a new 2007 arcade conversion better (much more better) then the original Vic conversion.

All know Vic carts are present, rare and prototypes too and since the Mega-Cart may start almost any stored Tape/Disk program too someone has some suggestion ?
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Psycho Shopper? I would like to see that game on their. hehe :)

Good job Nbla! Your efforts are so appreciated. I wish I had half the talent you have in your big toe. :D

Leo
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

NBLA000 has done an amazing job of fixing carts and coming up with really cool menu ideas. :D

Having a single cart for PAL/NTSC is an excellent accomplishment :!:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I would make a game just for the cart if I had better skills and used ML. Even a corny but historic type-in games (Tank vs UFO, etc.) might be fun if there's a space... Robotic Liberation is PAL only, so something for the NTSC crowd might be nice...
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Feel free to include my Tower of Hanoi and/or Sudoku programs; just let me know first, so I can fix up the code a bit. I still need to apply the suggestions I received for Sudoku (which were excellent).
hawk
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by hawk »

Just played the new 2007 arcade conversion. ;) It is sooooo cool. 8)

We really need to make sure that this one gets reviewed in Retro Gamer.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

KilrPilr wrote:Psycho Shopper? I would like to see that game on their. hehe :)
OK, i hope there is space for all requests.
Jeff-20 wrote:Robotic Liberation is PAL only, so something for the NTSC crowd might be nice...
Yes, i know but it's very impressive and something it's visible in NTSC too, any suggest for an additional NTSC or PAL/NTSC demo ?
DigitalQuirk wrote:Feel free to include my Tower of Hanoi and/or Sudoku programs; just let me know first, so I can fix up the code a bit. I still need to apply the suggestions I received for Sudoku (which were excellent).
No problems, send me a link to check them.
hawk wrote:Just played the new 2007 arcade conversion. ;) It is sooooo cool. 8)
One hour of hard tests :D last night, it's a very good game.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Boray wrote:I have not followed this at all. Can you point me to a summary of the fetures and contents?
I've been busy lately, but I updated summary page:

http://www.6502dude.com/cbm/vic20/multicart/

The updated picture was done on a flatbed scanner.
Since there is a daughterboard with stand offs, the image is skewed a bit.

This is a prototype board and layout is not represenative of final board.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I've been out of the loop a few months, so I just saw this thread. I'd be interested in one....(is there a list of the software....didn't see one on the page). Also, will it come with a plastic case? I would hate to zap the exposed circuit board on what's probably going to be my most expensive VIC purchase since the early 1980s.

I noticed that it said that there is going to be games by DENIAL members. Are you taking all submissions, or just the good ones :D ?

Oh...and if you don't hear Brian, try e-mailing me at my personal address. I'm trying to cut down my internet time lately.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

nbla000 wrote:... since the Mega-Cart may start almost any stored Tape/Disk program too someone has some suggestion ?
Can a BASIC program be started from cart? I've always assumed not.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
paytonbyrd
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by paytonbyrd »

Jeff-20 wrote:
nbla000 wrote:... since the Mega-Cart may start almost any stored Tape/Disk program too someone has some suggestion ?
Can a BASIC program be started from cart? I've always assumed not.
I don't see why not. You could store the BASIC code right behind a loader that would copy it from the ROM address space to the BASIC address space and then set the necessary flags in BASIC.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

ral-clan wrote:I've been out of the loop a few months, so I just saw this thread. I'd be interested in one....(is there a list of the software....didn't see one on the page).
After much testing and multiple fixes, the project cart has all known released Vic-20 cartridges working fully.

At 200+ it is a long list :!:

I'll try to put together a list soon, but my priority right now is testing new menu options & features + building prototype board #2.
Also, will it come with a plastic case? I would hate to zap the exposed circuit board on what's probably going to be my most expensive VIC purchase since the early 1980s.
With the amount of insertions, eprom changes, etc (which likely is several thousand by now), I have had no problems and found the components are quite robust.

It would be nice to see a plastic case though and your previously developed artwork would be very nice!
I noticed that it said that there is going to be games by DENIAL members. Are you taking all submissions, or just the good ones :D ?

NBLA000 is the software man. If game/utility doesn't suck, it is ok with me.
I'm trying to cut down my internet time lately.
Good idea, summer goes by to fast to sit in front of a crt. :wink: