OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

dragos wrote:he resurfaced to say he was selling everything, but he has not responded to any offers from what I understand. I guees since it was too much work to put it on ebay it must be too much work to send an email too....

pity, he had/has a nice collection
You might want to try in the email heading to catch his attention "Ultima no longer on Megacart" and I'm sure you'll get a quicker response time. :lol:
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

BTW Page 30 :lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:As for everybody who have posted an interest to buy a Mega-Cart: somebody should browse through the thread and send everyone a PM about the site when it has opened.
I would like to point out that I was the very first one to put in a request. :)
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Pretty much everyday I check to see if the Mega-Cart site is open for business. And pretty much everyday I feel a little down...God, I can't wait much longer. Just give me a feckin' cart!! :P
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Please just hold out a tiny bit longer :) . I've seen the Mega-Cart's site and it's really about 99% done and ready to be opened VERY soon to take pre-orders. I don't want to say more...

Thanks goes to nbla000 for his hard work on this site.
Last edited by ral-clan on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

ral-clan wrote:Please just hold out a tiny bit longer :) . I've seen the Mega-Cart's site and it's really about 99% done and ready to be opened VERY soon. I don't want to say more...
Oh, you tease! :)
geoff0876
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by geoff0876 »

no more sitting on the sidelines... :) i too will be anxiously awaiting for the mega-cart and order once the site is up... cheers!

thanks to centallica for forwarding my request to jeff to grant me denial access
Vic 20 / C64 / Atari 2600 / N64 / Gyruss / Gorf / Elevator Action
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:I can't wait much longer.
There are quite a few of us who had hoped we would get our MegaCarts for Christmas... 2007. You've been waiting what, a few weeks? Cry me a river. :)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
There are quite a few of us who had hoped we would get our MegaCarts for Christmas... 2007. You've been waiting what, a few weeks? Cry me a river. :)
And there were a few of us that started the idea back in Dec 2006 at WOC, who would like to see the dream come true :wink:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Centallica wrote:You might want to try in the email heading to catch his attention "Ultima no longer on Megacart" and I'm sure you'll get a quicker response time. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:Pretty much everyday I check to see if the Mega-Cart site is open for business. And pretty much everyday I feel a little down...God, I can't wait much longer. Just give me a feckin' cart!! :P
So you are a little bit unlucky since sometimes i briefly put it on-line for testing purpose :wink:
gklinger wrote:There are quite a few of us who had hoped we would get our MegaCarts for Christmas... 2007.
Yes but at least you are the firsts in the pre-order list :wink:
Centallica wrote:And there were a few of us that started the idea back in Dec 2006 at WOC, who would like to see the dream come true :wink:
Not forgotten, there is a mention on the history section of the mega-cart site.
ral-clan wrote:Thanks goes to nbla000 for his hard work on this site.
Thanks to you for revising my english and for your "Graphic" support :wink:

This night (CET) i will upload the Mega-Cart "demo video" and if all goes well, we are ready to dance !!!
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

nbla000 wrote:
Centallica wrote:You might want to try in the email heading to catch his attention "Ultima no longer on Megacart" and I'm sure you'll get a quicker response time. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a baffling experience I tell you :roll:
Centallica wrote:And there were a few of us that started the idea back in Dec 2006 at WOC, who would like to see the dream come true :wink:
Not forgotten, there is a mention on the history section of the mega-cart site.

Plus an Easter Egg :D
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

gklinger wrote:
That's harsh bloke! I first dreamt of such a thing back in 1984, so there! :P

Got a couple of questions though. Has the game Sorcery mad it onto the cart (I remember talk of it a while back) and will there be an emulator image of the Mega Cart released at some point. Just curious. :)
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Sorcery is there.

As far as an emulator image of the Mega-Cart? I'm not even sure that would be possible....or if there would be a point. VICE basically allows you to access any game instantly, and configure any amount of RAM. That's what the Mega-Cart does for a REAL VIC-20.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Glad to hear about Sorcery. I should've asked before but is it the original or version 1.1? I remember there being some problem with the images of each version.

I figured there was no real point to an image of the Mega Cart but I thought it could be interesting as an academic exercise. But I suppose the entire idea of the cart is an academic exercise! :)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:will there be an emulator image of the Mega Cart released at some point. Just curious. :)
An emulator must emulate the Mega-Cart hardware before to use a file image while normally it emulates the Vic-hardware and in some case Disk-Drives and datassette.
Pedro Lambrini wrote:Glad to hear about Sorcery. I should've asked before but is it the original or version 1.1?
Version 1.1
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.