OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Well, previews have already been demoed, but this would be a demo of the Release Candidate.

As for ordering, why don't Brian put up an order form on the web page? Either send the results as email or store in a database, it would be a little better than people writing messages in the thread. I'm unsure how many units will be manufactured in the first run, if they're enough for anyone who wants to buy one or if there will be a waiting list for a second run.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:Well, previews have already been demoed, but this would be a demo of the Release Candidate.
I consider the WOC event, the demo of the Final prototype Version, btw mass produced PCBs are pretty the same of the current SMT prototype.
As for ordering, why don't Brian put up an order form on the web page?
I'm working on www.mega-cart.com site at the moment so i may add an order form too if Brian agrees.
I'm unsure how many units will be manufactured in the first run, if they're enough for anyone who wants to buy one or if there will be a waiting list for a second run.

If all current order are confirmed we may start with a first run of 100 units, enough for all orders btw you must consider assembling and test time so we cannot sell 100 units all together but we will respect the current order list of course.
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

I hope there wont be new order system yet, course many pelole have ordered Megacart here already longtime ago. I still would like to have two 8)

So it comes sometimes early next year?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:it would be a little better than people writing messages in the thread.
Well, the thread is called "OK People, Time to Buy your Brian Lyons MEGACART!" in the Buy, Sell, and Trade section. :lol:

There was an original thread on the progress of designing the Megacart in the hardware section, but somehow it was abandoned for such discussion in this thread.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Maybe someone could clean things up and move all the non order-placing messages out of this thread to that other, original discussion thread.
Last edited by ral-clan on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Even better if there is a pre-order system, someone could PM all those who posted to this thread to place a proper order with name, email, perhaps postal address in the real order system. Once that is done, this thread can be locked.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:Even better if there is a pre-order system, someone could PM all those who posted to this thread to place a proper order with name, email, perhaps postal address in the real order system. Once that is done, this thread can be locked.
Yes i Agree, however we need a real name and the address of consignment so since Brian said me that he agrees with Carlsson Idea, i will add an order page on www.mega-cart.com so users may update their infos btw we will preserve current order list for shipping priority.
oracle_jedi
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by oracle_jedi »

carlsson wrote: As for ordering, why don't Brian put up an order form on the web page? Either send the results as email or store in a database, it would be a little better than people writing messages in the thread. I'm unsure how many units will be manufactured in the first run, if they're enough for anyone who wants to buy one or if there will be a waiting list for a second run.
I agree, but in the absence of a proper order placing system, I'd like to add my name to the list for a PAL version of the cart.

Thanks

Graham
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

New keyboard overlay for your VIC-20 with equipped with a Mega-Cart:

PDF will be available on www.mega-cart.com to customers for free download after Mega-Cart sales begin.
Last edited by ral-clan on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

ral-clan wrote:New keyboard overlay for the Mega-Cart: PDF will be available on www.mega-cart.com to customers for free download after sales begin.
Very sweet man!
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Wow.. Could we buy one with Megacart also? 8)
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Mikam73 wrote:Wow.. Could we buy one with Megacart also? 8)
I think the overlay will just be a free downloadable bonus. There wouldn't be any way to include one in the Mega-Cart box without folding it beyond use! It just wouldn't fit! :lol:

There will be downloadable PDF versions for North American Tabloid sized paper and European A3 sized paper. If your own computer printer cannot handle this, any printing bureau should be able to make you a copy for under $2.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Just a quick post to say that I would love to buy a Mega-Cart as soon as it's released. :)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

oracle_jedi wrote:In the absence of a proper order placing system, I'd like to add my name to the list for a PAL version of the cart.
Thank you, just to clear i wish to inform that the Mega-Cart will be single for both PAL and NTSC machines, you may buy just one cart and use it for both systems, the menu recognize in which machine is working and select the proper version or start a fixed PAL/NTSC version.
All games are fixed to start centered on both machines so CRSR keys or Joysticks are not required to center screen on start (typically on PAL machines)
Pedro Lambrini wrote:Just a quick post to say that I would love to buy a Mega-Cart as soon as it's released. :)
Thank you, i've finished the order module on www.mega-cart.com in a few days the site will be on-line, i will inform all of you of course.
When the site will be on-line, orders may be sent from www.mega-cart.com and i will invite all guys that have ordered the Mega-Cart from this thread to confirm their orders so we have the shipment address too, btw we will respect the current request chronology for delivery of course.
ral-clan wrote:New keyboard overlay for your VIC-20 with equipped with a Mega-Cart
I've just printed it, very very cool 8)

I confirm that the ral-clan's Mega-Cart keyboard overlay will be available for download from the Mega-Cart site only.
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

I clicked on the mega-cart website and it asks for name and password. How do we go about getting a name and password? Thanks.

Barney