Ebay Ultima game!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ending at "only" $2650, but now Mayhem hopefully gets his own copy, spending $900 less than in the previous auction. Let's see a third Mt Drash on eBay and the final price drop by another $1000... :twisted:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

How about lets not! :roll:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 18187&rd=1

This is just getting ridiculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 92467&rd=1

and yet another one! That makes how many this month??? I think a con may be going on. Maybe someone made 10 fakes and sold them at game conventions pretending not to know the title's value.

It's too suspicious for me.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Yeah, Looks like everyone and their dog has one! So much for being rare! Ah well, Im still going to hold on to mine. I collect vic after all!

Leo
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Or maybe the rumour has spread through newspapers, friends, eBay notices or otherwise that Mt Drash has (at least boxed copies) sold for ridiculous amounts lately, so everyone and the dog are digging into the closet?

Since everyone have slightly different images, it either is genuine items, professionally made replicas or advanced Photoshop work. I assume some part of Sierra On-Line still exists, at least for copyright and other legal reasons. While it may have been researched before, maybe there is a figure from them how many copies once were made.
Anders Carlsson

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hmm... the first auction referenced by Jeff has been "ended early" by the seller because "the item is no longer available for sale". Highest bid was at $355 after 5 1/2 days of auction. Maybe it wasn't as cut-throat bidding as hoped for, or something really is fishy.
Anders Carlsson

KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

All trying to play detective are we? Im sure its as simple as someone emailed the guy and said "hey Ill give you $600 for it right here, right now, done deedus cleetus!" and the seller shat his pants and said "Alrighty then!"(jim carrey style) and with a fiendish laugh and a click of his heels he closed the auction down to sell to him.

Or maybe not. :)

Leo
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Tapes seem soooo easy to fake.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Well they are so far as copying the contents to another tape but reproducing the title work would be much more difficult I would think. Worth the time to try obviously but All the copies I have seen so far look to be the exact same as the one I have. Even the yellow tape leader in the pic of the cancelled auction is the same. None of the auctions so far have been as complete as my copy but definetely the boxes have been in better condition.

Leo
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Must be nice knowing that you have a tape cassette worth hundreds of dollars!

How was the gaming convention by the way?

I heard that there was only one Commodore booth?

Chris
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

It was nicer when I thought it was worth thousands :)

The nwcge was good! I was dissapointed at the lack of commodore support but one person there had a sx64 set up for people to play and some other items for sale. The first time I ever saw a sx64 in person. I thought it would be bigger than it was. Heavier than I thought it would be. lol

Im not into much else except nintendo so the rest wasnt extremely interesting for me but it was still very cool to see all the vintage gear, play some games and bullshtein with people with similar interests. I also stopped in at a persons place that I met on irc #C-64 and did some trading and visiting. Was cool. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Wish I could go to some of the bigger venues back east but that probably wont happen for a few years unfortunately.

Leo
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I look forward to when someone sells the "Mt Drash prototype tape", with a hand-written label on a C60, accompanied by a typewrited manual without any logotypes whatsoever. Do you think that will work? :lol:
Anders Carlsson

KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Thanks for the idea! Im on it!

j/k
Leo
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

If you do it, remember to stress the 'buy it now' option, before they clue in

chris
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

One question that has been on my mind for long..

Why is Vic20 ultima so rare ??

If some company makes game.. They usually dont make only 3-5 copys..

So what is this Vic20 ultima ?? 8)