Ebay Ultima game!

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

KilrPilr wrote:Pure luck united me with this game and the others I found that day including a boxed cartridge copy of Ft.Apocalypse for the atari 800.
Too bad it wasn't Fort Apocalypse for the VIC-20, as that cartridge would be COLLECTABLE if ever found/existed.

Of course, if you are eager to sell, you could contact someone of the runners-up (e.g. Mayhem) and offer your copy for the bargain price $3550, a whopping $50 less than the final bid in this auction. :lol:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Disc Master I
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Disc Master I »

Is there a image of Mount Drash? I'd like ot see what it looked like on the Vic-20
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

http://members.aol.com/barbgame/Drash/drash.html

It looks quite OK, although true Ultima fans seem to think it has little to do with the Ultima series and is only interesting from a collectable perspective?
Anders Carlsson

Disc Master I
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Disc Master I »

Wow it looks cool for an old Vic-20 game. Is there a rom image around to play on the emulators?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I believe Ed Franks finally got assistance in archiving his copy, but not sure if it is available for download (and Sierra Online is one of the more active ones in bringing down illegal download sites, IIRC).
Anders Carlsson

vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Thanks for the link to those pics Anders.

Really impressive looking game. Must take ages to load.

On a side note, I have always wanted to get that "Princess" one. I can't remember the whole title name, but it comes on cassette as well, and is for 16k vic's. Looks good as well.

Sadly, I have only ever seen it on ebay from UK sellers, and after all the exchanges, etc.. it is too expensive for me to justify getting one.

Chris
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I think it's called "The wizard and the princess"

Chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

To make matters worse, I think there are two "The Wizard and the Princess". At least I know I have a copied game for the C64 with that title, but have learned it is a completely different game than the VIC-20 one. Not sure if either title existed for both formats.
Anders Carlsson

KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Heres a link where you can dload a version of Vic Ultima that runs on your Ibm. I dont know how the guy who ported it can copyright the game for himself but whatever....

http://www.shiftedphase.com/~dino/ultima/uinfo/mtdrash/

Ive tried it and it works but there is no sound.
KilrPilr
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by KilrPilr »

Well wadaya know. There is another copy of ultima on ebay with box and all. If these keep surfacing, by the end of the summer, I wont be able to give mine away! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllVie ... 8101554666

Leo
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

is this the same one as the last one?

Did the last bidder back out?

The zero feedback rating makes me nervous with such a high end item. I hate that. I also hate the wording...

"A complete copy of the game" could be a legal wording for selling a COPY.

I know this guy in new york who sold the shrinkwrap of a rare game that way just as a joke. He wrote "[rare game title]'s shrinkwrap" as oppossed to "shrinkwrapped".
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

It seems the seller just registered with eBay. Not strange that he has zero rating if this is the first item sold or bought. I agree that items appear a little too often, but unless the exact same picture has appeared before, I guess one should take his word (or Photoshop abilities!).

What bothers me more is that "it is known to sell for $3500+, so this is about what I expect too". I'm not totally aware how eBay works when it comes to reservation prices and to what extent a seller can refuse to complete the auction if the price is too low, but wouldn't it make sense to request a higher starting bid than $5 if you expect more than $3000 in the end?

I still want to see the IP holder get access to original printing material and re-issue legal copies, complete with the silver seal, for $20 each. I'm sure there would be a market, and a killer to these kind of auctions if it is not easily determined how old your mint, shrinkwrapped copy is. :P
Anders Carlsson

lonnieredskinds
Vic 20 Amateur

Ultima: Escape From Mt. Drash - Vic 20

Post by lonnieredskinds »

there anothor game on ebay no. 8101554666
thought it was hard it find
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yep, bid is now at exactly $2000 with nine hours to go. It has met the seller's reservation price, but still more than one thousand dollars below the previous record. Maybe the zero eBay experience and rating is what holds back the bid, but I also know that valuable items tend to rush into insane amounts in the very last hour(s), so we'd better wait.
Anders Carlsson

aneurysm
not your PAL

Post by aneurysm »

so who has the .TAP of this thing?