Change multipart game to load from disk rather than tape.

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

Dr-D
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: Change multipart game to load from disk rather than tape

Post by Dr-D »

Thanks for the SD2IEC info, I just ordered one. Funny how I find old technology more intriguing than new now.
Dr-D
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Dr-D »

Got my SD2IEC yesterday along with a an Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64 that I got on eBay. There's really no comparison when it comes C64 games vs. the VIC-20. I hardly used the C64 at all back in the day so now I'm finally just getting to compare the C64 to the VIC-20 for graphics and wow what a difference. Love the SD2IEC rig! I appear to be stuck in an 80's time machine playing with the old stuff, lol.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Congratulation!

I like playing c64 games too, but keeps returning to the yellowed friendly box :D

The Sd2Iec is a must for both machines, really a cool gadget.
Kind regards, Peter.

Post by Dr-D »

I uploaded all the games I have here:

http://www.bcstestsite.com/vic20/

Do with them as you wish.
Mayhem wrote:Welcome :)

First thing I can suggest is to download Gamebase20, which is a repository and archive of as many Vic20 games as possible. I maintain it so... I'm gonna plug it heh. But the main point is that a lot of multipart games in the archive have already been converted to load from disk, which may save you the trouble. Ones that suffer from the issues that Tokra mentions have been fixed to boot.

Oh, and if any of your games are NOT in GB20, then I'd be interested in having them to add!
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I'll check them off when I get the chance this week. Do you have any info about them in case I do need to add them in (publisher, year, programmer etc)?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Dr-D
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Dr-D »

Mayhem wrote:I'll check them off when I get the chance this week. Do you have any info about them in case I do need to add them in (publisher, year, programmer etc)?
No I don't have any information at all on any of them. I got them all from other friends when I would have been 10-11 years old back in '81-'82. We weren't exactly too concerned about pirating back then, lol. The only info that might exist would be in REM statements in the BASIC code. Some of them require an memory expander to save them. They won't run with the expander but need one to save them. Two for sure that work like are Snacman and Video Warrior.