** New Frontiers in VIC-Hires-Graphics, Part 15

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

Wilson
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wilson »

I'm not really sure how you came up with those numbers, but...
Sorry, I should've elaborated. I didn't know if you were updating color or screen or... so I just did 3*512 for writing zp/stack, 4*(968-512) for non stack/screen, and I guess the rest is obvious. Just disregard that nonsense though. :)
Because of the left shifting for the bottom 4 lines of every 8-line-block there is a 3 character-wide area for those 3 lines that inherits the color-RAM information of the first 3 visible characters of the 4 lines above. Mike mentioned that this resembles the FLI-BUG area of the C64's FLI-mode, albeit for a completely different reason Smile I think 104x256 is a nice format. It is 2:3 and it is easy to find pictures in this format around the web.
I was wondering what this would look like! :D The C64 people seem to get really hung up with bugs like that, but I don't think it's a big deal. They have more options of dealing with them too I guess though.
Wilson: Good job. PM sent
Thank you, tokra! Could not have come close without your many hints. ;) This whole idea is ingenious. It's these kind of things that really fuel my love for this community and this machine. I can't wait to see what else the future holds!
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

And thank you for showing interest :-) It still amazes me how there is still always a little something more to squeeze out of this little machine. If you read the earlier posts in this series, you will see me mentioning several times that I think the limit has been reached, just to have a new idea pop up. I must admit though the ice is getting thinner and the execution of new ideas sometimes takes weeks instead of hours for the earlier ones.

That being said, I may postpone the release of this package for some time, since I may join it with another mode for the NTSC-people I've been thinking about today on the same disk.
pallas
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by pallas »

It's been this kind of things that made me think about using my vic20 again.
Actually I think it was a post like this one that initially sparked my interest :-)
If there hadn't been an active community like denial, with fantastic new achievements, it wouldn't be so compelling to start again ;-)