Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Is KillerPiller yet another Centipede clone, by the way?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
TMR
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by TMR »

[Wanders in]

H'lo. My user name TMR is a contraction of The Magic Roundabout, my C64 scene handle since 1993 or thereabouts and pretty much my "public face" on the internet. The name itself comes from... actually, with the recent cinema release of the Magic Roundabout movie i don't need to do the history spiel do i? =-)

As an intro to me, i've been programming since i was 11, starting with a VIC, then Atari 8bit, C64 and more recently revisiting any 6502-based 8bit i could find information on! =-) i also webmaster a bit for http://www.nostalgia.c64.org, http://www.oldschool-gaming.com which is a review site for new games on classic platforms, the official Cosine site http://www.cosine.org.uk and my personal site http://www.tmr.cosine.org.uk.

The last thing i finished was ViColumn (partial screenshot in the avatar at the mo) which is a loose "clone" of Columns that runs on the unexpanded VIC (with a soundtrack by Matt "4-Mat" Simmonds in there too) which'll be released by Cronosoft on tape soon and then to the Cosine and Oldschool Gaming sites and i have Lunar Blitz almost ready for release as well through the same route. i haven't settled on me next VIC project yet, but part of me wants to do a shoot-em-up. =-)

What else can i write? Umm, i make a nuisance of myself in assorted 8bit forums, am writing code for C64, VIC, 264 series, NES and Atari 8bit right now with BBC, Oric and 2600 as possible future options, spend some time on IRCNet as TMR{C0S} and there are rumours that i'm a pervert which i'd deny if they weren't at least partly true...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Welcome. Any chance that you'll also have a go at the MiniGame compo? Maybe a 1K game which you later can expand for Cronosoft release, now when you're into publishing through them.

Btw, that Columns game graphically looks similar to the Amstrad CPC entry last year. Just a coincidence or a cooperation?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
TMR
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by TMR »

carlsson wrote:Welcome. Any chance that you'll also have a go at the MiniGame compo? Maybe a 1K game which you later can expand for Cronosoft release, now when you're into publishing through them.
Sorry... not keen at all on entering the minigame compo this year - the Commodore side of things seems to be turning into a bit of a farce, t'be honest. That said, i'm not massively keen on size competitions for games anyway...
carlsson wrote:Btw, that Columns game graphically looks similar to the Amstrad CPC entry last year. Just a coincidence or a cooperation?
It's a coincidence, i saw that game back when the results were posted but haven't seen or played it since. The graphic in the ViColumn screenshot is something i've been drawing for years and never got around to using. Here's a full screenshot;

ArugulaZ
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by ArugulaZ »

Take this zesty mustard green:

then combine it with this guy:

and you've got ArugulaZ!

JR
SCREW BEAR
Bear is so startled that he falls off cliff.

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I'm just glad Jess is back in the ol' Denial family. :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
ArugulaZ
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by ArugulaZ »

Wouldn't have it any other way, my man. :D

JR
SCREW BEAR
Bear is so startled that he falls off cliff.

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/
Lord Thag
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Lord Thag »

Lord Thag has named himself thusly because he is a silly fellow.

The name 'Thag' has a nice caveman ring to it, and since LT is using a prehistoric computer, it seemed appropriate. Might as well be Lord Thag while I'm about it.

Chalk it up to too much monty python as a child :?
Playing the world, one cart at a time.
pmsoft
Vic 20 Newbie

My name

Post by pmsoft »

pmsoft?
Pocket Money Software!

PMSoft was founded in 1981
Our first computer: Vic-20
Shaun.Bebbington
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Shaun.Bebbington »

Hello folks,

I'm a writer here in the UK and have written for several professional magazines over the years, such as Micro Mart, Retro Gamer and gamesTM. I also work on an electro-zine called RETRO:BYTES Lite (there's some info on the first issue at http://www.clickgamer.com/moreinfo.htm?pid=4055). Most importantly, I had the pleasure of writing a VIC-20 article for gamesTM last year, which was also featured in a magazine called Retro Player (given too all antendees of the Classic Gaming Expo UK) and I'm a big VIC-20 fan too.

Err... as for my user name. Shaun+Bebbington = Shaun.Bebbington - I added the . inbetween the two, that's it.

Regards,

Shaun.
Without context, we are only data.
Shaun.Bebbington
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Shaun.Bebbington »

Mayhem wrote:My handle for over a decade now... just watch the avatar.
All that I see is the main character from the 'perfect' game... Oh, I get it now.

Regards,

Shaun.
Without context, we are only data.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Welcome Shaun :D

Good to have another enthusiast in the group and one that has spread the word of Vic-20 to other collectors too!

Feel free to share any past or future Vic-20 related articles with the group as we all would love to read them!

Brian
MacbthPSW
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by MacbthPSW »

MacbthPSW is the IRC 9-character version of my full scene handle, Macbeth/PSW. My real name is Robin Harbron. I live in Thunder Bay, Canada, married for almost 10 years, and have 5 kids now. I like to play guitar and bass, watch hockey and post-apocalypse/dystopian movies, I'm involved in my church, and work in the IT department of the local telco.

The C64 is my main computing passion, though I collect, program and use many 8 and 16 bit computers and consoles, including the VIC-20. My proudest computer-type achievements include winning some of the minigame competitions, being published (both my writing, and a game) on Loadstar, and most recently, being on the software team for the C64 DTV products.

I met Jeff at the Chicago C= EXPO in, what, 2002? It was really cool to meet him, since I had known of him many years earlier when he sent me an issue of his Denial newsletter/magazine by snail mail, out of the blue. I've also met Leif a number of times in real life, and probably a couple others here.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Welcome MacbthPSW-starting to feel like the welcome committee with 2 welcomes in a row but....

I saw that you're from Thunder Bay and that's my home town (Northwood person actually) where I grew up between 1978-2000, so an extra welcome to a fellow TBayer :D

Hope you have lots to share and lots to receive from us,
Brian
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

My nickname is derived from Alan Reed, the late actor who provided the voice of Fred Flinstone in The Flinstones cartoon series.

As we all know, Fred Flinstone was an avid Commodore enthusiast. Barney Rubble, on the other hand, was rumored to be a Sinclair Spectrum user, something he always fervently denied as "another dirty lie spread by that bastard Fred."
[img]http://www.eskimo.com/~areed/alareed2[1].jpg[/img]

Yabba Dabba Doo! :lol:
Alan