Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Post by Jeff-20 »

Why did you pick your user name? Mine: Jeff + VIC-20 = Jeff-20. Pretty simple. Too bad my name isn't Victor.
Last edited by Jeff-20 on Mon May 30, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

My nick is like a sort of abbreviation of my real name (Stojalowski). It was born as in a Schwarzenegger movie (Kindergarten Cop) the director of a school with the name Miss Schlowski (however you would write this...) was named. From this time on I am Schlowski... :-)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I had just made a little game on the vic-20 and was trying to find a name for it. As you know, the word READY. constantly appears on the vic-20. I removed every second letter with the cursors and delete key and got "RAY". I thought it was a little short, so I put BO in front of it - BORAY. The game can be downloaded here: http://user.tninet.se/~pug510w/datormus ... Spel14.zip

I didn't start to use the name for myself until I was programming on the C64 and all hackers (or lamers) should have a cool handle. I thought of this game and took "Boray".

Later, I made hundreds of protracker mod's on the Amiga under this handle.

In 1997 I found out that "Boray" ment "created" in Hebrew (or more correctly, the English transcription of Hebrew).

I have also sold a couple of CDs under this name.
www.boray.se

/Anders

(Added in 2020: It seems Boray more correctly means "who creates" in Hebrew.)
Last edited by Boray on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Lloyd Mangram
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

A former ZZAP! memeber who answered the letters!
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

My handle for over a decade now... just watch the avatar.

Btw just noticed someone's changed my title. Hah hah :P
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Mine goes back several years when I needed a user name for Yahoo and just whipped something out of my head that sounded different.

I came up with a combination of 2 words compiled into one for "Centallica":

"Cent" for "Centennial" in 1967 which was Canada's 100th birthday and also the year I was born.

"allica" for "Metallica" which I've followed them since Kill Em All Album back in 1983.

And recent "Pinballer" user rating underneath because I restore and collect Pinball machines (see my webpage link below under "www"). I've had as many as 9 machines at one time running in my basement :shock:

Brian
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Schema wrote: Schema is a term from...
In Swedish, Schema means scheme/schedule... For example in school you have a "schema" of the different leassons/classes you will have on the different days of the week.

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Same in germany, it's like the color schemes in Windows which are called Farb-Schema...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

My fake surname, of course. If I would like to officially be known under that name, it costs roughly $215, or $430 if my whole family (parents, me and my brother) apply together.

In most forums and other places that user name is not registered yet despite in Sweden there are almost 30000 real and 210000 potential bearers of the name. I've been asked if I know this or that Carlsson by foreign people who didn't know how common it is..
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

but why?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

My first name + first letter of my last name and year when I was born. 8)
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

I started out with handle of "bubbajones333".

This was intended as a political joke. However the references are now somewhat dated.

It is combination of the names Bill "bubba" Clinton and Paula "jones".

The 333 comes from 1/2 of 666 (representing half of evil). The evil half of course would come from the Clinton side :lol:

Other derivations could be bubbalewinsky333 or bubbaflowers333. Who knows how many others one could come up with? :wink:

Interestingly, there are already a lot of bubbas in southern United States with surname of jones. So, I thought it was a time for a change.

I began participating in automotive forums and found a lot of "dudes" there. I prefaced this with 6502 to reflect interest in 6502 based projects and thus 6502dude handle was born.

Also, many automotive forum participants seem to have no clue want a 6502 is. Twenty plus year old processors do seem to get the notoriety they deserve!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

In the AtariAge forum, you can (or could?) set your own status line, like what Jeff has done to a few people here. A year or so ago, I coined "Class of '6502" in a newsgroup thread about what to put on your personalized bumper sign (in some US states), and then used it in my status line. Maybe it is something for you to join?
Anders Carlsson

Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

My real-life nickname. I always use it online.

It was given to me more or less as a joke in high school by the girl who sang in my band. She came up with it when we for some reason talked about food and I happened to say that I like bacon...

Anyway, it stuck, and most of my friends still call me Bacon some 15+ years later. I've found that if I introduce myself as Bacon people seem to remember me easily :-)

I still like bacon, btw. Nothing beats a Sunday breakfast with bacon, fried eggs, toast and black, hot coffee.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Bacon wrote:Nothing beats a Sunday breakfast with bacon, fried eggs, toast and black, hot coffee.
Except for a breakfast with spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam?
Anders Carlsson