Help with VICE and Aart Bik's compiler- Just back in the group

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

vicassembly
Vic 20 Devotee

Help with VICE and Aart Bik's compiler- Just back in the group

Post by vicassembly »

Please bear with me and let me preface by stating I was fairly active back in 2010 and 2011 using Power20 and cc65 on an old windows machine. Life happens and we now have 8 year old twins and I am getting the Vic bug again.

A couple of questions. I downloaded VICE for my Mac and have NO IDEA how to even load a program.

I downloaded Aart Bik's compiler and started by writing the hello.s program to get a compile. At this point I have no idea how to even run this in VICE. Wow, I miss power20 but it appears that stopped working years ago. Any help with beginner VICE would be appreciated.

Secondly, does anyone have a fairly complex piece of 6502 using Aart's format? I have some old cc65 stuff but I don't think that works on Mac.

Ok. Thanks for indulging me. I will try to add more productive communication in the near future.

Jonathan Andrews
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: Help with VICE and Aart Bik's compiler- Just back in the group

Post by groepaz »

use either "xvic foo.prg" on commandline, or start xvic and just drop the .prg into the window

and... cc65 toolchain IS available for osx, of course :)
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
Misfit
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Misfit »

I have a mac and I use cc65 and vice (2.4) every day.

/Applications/VICE_2_4/xvic.app/Contents/MacOS/xvic
vicassembly
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by vicassembly »

Thanks for the help. I have cc65 running as well as the Cocoa VICE 3.1. I am on the verge of starting some more programming!!