JS Vic20 chrome problem

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

matsondawson
The Most Noble Order of Denial

JS Vic20 chrome problem

Post by matsondawson »

Hi guys, I can't work this out...

This url, http://mdawson.net/vic20chrome/vic20.php works perfectly in every browser but chrome, if I add www. to it in chrome it also works perfectly.
The screen is just black in chrome without www.
There are no javascript errors, everything else seems to run fine as I can hear sound, and if I switch to debug I can see the screen.
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Amazing! It worked in Chrome for me without any of your instructions. Like I said about the emulator on the front page of Denial, if one had the ability to upload (or link) a file directly to the emulator, I'd be in heaven. Not that this isn't close!

EDIT:
Oh, wait, you CAN! Cool. I was thinking of the Denial version. So, how could one just URL a program directly to the emulator?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

The emulator on denial is a hack, and I made it that way such that it would work on iphones etc without overloading them.
I've found most games don't work properly on it.
I could give you a way of loading programs, but it would be useless as they all wouldn't work in some way.

I think I could modify the current emulator to work with denial, but it would be much more cpu and memory intensive than the current.

You can currently load games in the vic20chrome emulator automatically like this:
http://www.mdawson.net/vic20chrome/vic2 ... eType=ntsc

Maybe I could work out a way of skinning my current emulator, so you can specify a skin as an extra parameter?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

It's funny to imagine the emulator working on iphone. It's impossible to pull up the phone's keyboard, so although I can see the cursor blinking, I can't do anything.

I'm very happy with our front page emulator which is more of a toy, and I like having access to a more advance emulator on your site which is almost like the real thing.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

talking of the front page emulator, it raises an error if you SYS 64802 ("emulator fault pc out of range -1").
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

It's a "feature" of the hacked front page emulator.
It works fine on the one on my website.