VICE Keymap Files

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

FD22
Vic 20 Hobbyist

VICE Keymap Files

Post by FD22 »

Has anyone garnered success using the XVIC command-line options to specify alternate keymaps?

If I use the file selector within the emulator to select a positional keymap file, it loads and works as expected. However, if I try to start XVIC using a command-line option to specify that same file, it doesn't work - dumping the keymap file yields an empty keymap, indicating that the file load has broken somewhere. I thought it might be a file-location issue, but even if I put my keyfile in the VICE folder alongside XVIC, it still doesn't work.

This is the command-line sequence I'm using (it's run in a batch file, so %MEM% gets substituted from a parameter passed-in from outside):

Code: Select all

"Tools\WinVICE\xvic.exe " -keymap 1 -poskeymap VICpp.vkm +confirmexit -pal -memory %MEM% +autostart-warp -chargen \Bin\VICpp.8000.bin -basic \Bin\VICpp.C000.bin -kernal \Bin\VICpp.E000.bin -logfile XVIC.log -VICdsize
Am I missing something obvious, or is this a bug in XVIC? Obviously I could just overwrite 'win_pos.vkm' and skip the keymap parameters altogether, but I don't really want to mess with (or require others to mess with) the out-of-the-box configuration files - especially as these parameters exist specifically to avoid that situation.

EDIT: if I drop the .vkm file into the \VIC20 resources subfolder, the command-line option works; if it's anywhere else, I can't get it to work with a relative path. Definitely a little glitch in XVIC.