Update .D64 files via batch files

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

SparkyNZ
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Update .D64 files via batch files

Post by SparkyNZ »

Hi. I'm playing around with CC65 at the moment. I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ to call CC65 via a custom build. The problem I have at the moment is that in order to test out my programs, I am manually opening a .D64 with DirMaster, deleting the old program file and then adding the rebuilt program.

Is there a command line means of updating a file within a .D64 image?

This would let me add another step to my custom build and make life easier.

Of course.. if anyone wants to even tell me how to launch VICE with a names .D64 image then feel free (please). I'm sure I could do that myself - I'm just being lazy. :)
SparkyNZ
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by SparkyNZ »

Aha! I've just learned that I can do what I want with VICE
s c1541.exe..

For example..

c1541 -format diskname,id d64 my_diskimage.d64 -attach my_diskimage.d64 -write my_program.prg myprog
sjgray
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by sjgray »

My CBMXfer can update files in images and launch vice. Not sure it would help you or not...
http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/softwa ... mxfer.html

Steve
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

You can start vice with a prg and it will create a dummy "disk" with the contents of the current directory. So you can cut out the middleman.

Code: Select all

xvic my_program.prg
SparkyNZ
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by SparkyNZ »

Kweepa wrote:You can start vice with a prg and it will create a dummy "disk" with the contents of the current directory. So you can cut out the middleman.

Code: Select all

xvic my_program.prg
Yep. That would be a lot easier for a single file program! (Probably less hassle for me loading a file from my uIEC that way too!) Thanks.