CBM prg Studio

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

ajordison
Vic 20 Enthusiast

CBM prg Studio

Post by ajordison »

What's this? CBM prg Studio is a replacement for C64PrgGen and VIC20PrgGen and is designed to be a single development tool which will cover some of the early CBM 8-bit machines. Some of you may remember I released a 'taster' a while ago called CBMPrgGen.

This version is a Beta release and so I'd be grateful if you could try it out for me and report any bugs you find, or even just let me know what you think of it. Any bugs which are found and reported will be posted on my website, or you can post them here if you like.

As there is no online help yet please read the 'readme' file before playing around with it too much. It details getting started with it and also new and removed features, if you're familiar with C64/VIC20 Prg Gen, and also features which haven't been done yet.

It can be downloaded from www.ajordison.co.uk

As a side note, C64/VIC20 PrgGens are no longer being developed but are still available and supported until CBM prg Studio is released properly and is (fairly) stable.

Enjoy!

BTW, I think you'll agree that the icon for CBM prg Studio is rubbish. If anyone's got a spare minute (and some artistic ability!) I'd appreciate a new one. The best one wins a free download :wink:
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Hey,

From what I see, it's looking very nice. I tried it out today and am very impressed so far. I find this (and Vic20 PrgGen) very easy to use. I have been using Vic 20 PrgGen for all my ML programming. I like that you have added the color to the text. I was wondering if CBM Prg Studio was working well enough to switch over to it, or should I keep using Prg Gen until Studio is out of its beta stage?

Also, does the assembler used in PrgGen and CBM Prg Studio have an "include" pseudo op(is it pseudo op or command? not sure)? And if so, how can I use it?

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see the next update. :D

Later,
Rob
ajordison
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by ajordison »

I was wondering if CBM Prg Studio was working well enough to switch over to it, or should I keep using Prg Gen until Studio is out of its beta stage?
CBM prg Studio uses the same assembler (although the tooltip feature isn't switched on yet) as VIC20PrgGen so there's no real reason not to switch. It would be a good test for it.
Also, does the assembler used in PrgGen and CBM Prg Studio have an "include" pseudo op(is it pseudo op or command? not sure)? And if so, how can I use it?
The command is 'incbin'. Have a look at the help file for the exact syntax, I can't remember it off the top of my head!

Cheers.