BasEdit.NET

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

Gurce
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: BasEdit.NET

Post by Gurce »

> Main problem is that I don't quite understand the code, seems it would be an easy thing to add if one knew what the parts were doing.

Yep, I hear ya man. Though I'll confess, In general, it's always a difficult thing to do, to inherit somebody else's legacy and build on top of it.

But still, if the itch/desire is there, that's cool, one day it can grow to a level where you say, "God damn it, I want this facility now!" and you bust a gut to make it happen :)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Hi, after a long time I used my BasEdit once again and stumpled upon an old and long standing error:
When jumping wordwise left or right (ctrl-left, ctrl-right) sometimes the display got out-of-sync, i.e. showing a lot of spaces before the first character:

correct:

Code: Select all

10 PRINT"HELLO WORLD!"

out-of-sync:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"
And finally I found the offending code :D
In modUtility.vb there are two routines, EditWordLeft and EditWordRight which have one subtle little error inside.
At each routine just before they end is a code block which adjusts the offset of the cursor to the horizontal scrolling offset. And here I mixed X and Y and used EditInfo.OffY instead of EditInfo.OffX :oops:

wrong code:

If p >= 0 Then
            EditInfo.X = p - EditInfo.OffY
            EditInfo.ShowLine = True
         End If
correct code:

If p >= 0 Then
            EditInfo.X = p - EditInfo.OffX
            EditInfo.ShowLine = True
         End If
I updated the versions I host (source and binary) to version 1.43.

I thought I place the info here so someone can make these changes in the Github-version, too.
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

Last December I had a hard disk crash. I've spent some time at the Ubuntu terminal last night and today and have managed to get VICE back running, and Wine, to run BasEdit. And it works again!

Wine's final problem was being 64-bit, and it needed to be 32-bit, which was, after lots of googling, finding http://askubuntu.com/a/74716, achieved thusly:
~/.wine$ mv ~/.wine/ ~/oldwine/
~$ WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

You are better off using mono directly to run .net applications in Linux. You need to install specific packages for visual basic support in mono.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Gurce
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Gurce »

Gosh, it's been a while since I came back to this thread. All the recent c64 mini news got me thinking about this thread again. Looks like I didn't receive any email notifications on recent posts :(

Oh well, I just read Schlowski's bug-fix just today and thought I'd add it into the Mercurial repo on Sourceforge.

Hehe, funny how back then (in 2012), I thought I'd better stick with Mercurial+Sourceforge in order for it to be more 'windows-friendly', and now it seems like Git+GitHub is the more mainstream/trendy option these days :)

Schlowski labeled his updated version as V1.4.3, but looking at the mercurial repo, it already had labels of V1.4.3, V1.4.4 and V1.4.5 taken already, so at some stage, I'll try release a V1.4.6., just have to remember my steps for releasing, it's been a while... :)
Gurce
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Gurce »

Ok, I've uploaded V1.4.6 to sourceforge here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/baseditnet/files/

It contains a few other updates that e5frog and myself had committed into the repo, but never got around to releasing. It also has Schlowski's fix.

V1.4.6
  • Attempted to add abbreviated token support (see "TokenList_BasicV2_ed.txt")
  • Added keymap for suit WinVICE on Swedish keyboard (see "KeyMap_Swe_WinVICE.txt")
  • Added "Cut Block", "Copy Block" and "Paste Block" menu items triggering on CTRL+Shift+X, CTRL+Shift+C and CTRL+Shift+V, respectively.
  • Ctrl+Shift normally toggles between the upper & lowercase charsets, but I've disabled this behaviour if you use the right-hand-side CTRL key.
  • Added in Schlowski's fix relating to a ctrl-left/ctrl-right issue of the display going out-of-sync and showing a lot of spaces before the first character.
  • Fixed a prob when moving down from the end of a long-line to a short line, if you did a ctrl-left, it would get an exception due to trying to perform a .substring() on a shorter string.
Gurce
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Gurce »

I also saw that Boray had this list of outstanding things to look into, so I made another release:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/baseditnet/files

V1.4.7
  • tried to fix probs with things auto-selecting via the mouse when maximising window or loading new files
  • repaired issue of Shift+F3 search not scrolling down screen sufficiently to display next found item
There were a few remaining points outstanding though:

* Open disk image doesn't work.

I gave it a test now and it seemed to work fine for me. Boray, can you pass over an example disk file that was giving you trouble?

* Renumber doesn't work.

I gave it a try and it worked fine for me. Any steps you have for me to replicate this?

* A couple of times, about second half of the program suddenly went missing.
* Syntax check gives errors for faulty gotos behind a REM command.
* Syntax check approves of lines containing IF but no THEN.

For this group of issues, do can you elaborate with examples or steps to replicate?