Paddle-Games in WinVice ?

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Vicman *1970 wrote:Yes, I agree.....but i have no Paddle :cry: :wink:
I think you may easily find paddles on Ebay for 5/10 Euros/Dollars, it's a good investment for a paddle games lover :wink:
Pedro Lambrini wrote: I love paddle games but all 3 of my Vics have the jittery paddle syndrome... :(
Have you tried Pong ?
I wrote this game along with Nippur72 and he wrote a routine to reduce (eliminate) the paddle jittery in software and works very well.
Except Pong, all other paddle games have the jittery paddle syndrome for me too :cry:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
Vicman *1970
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Vicman *1970 »

nbla000 wrote: I think you may easily find paddles on Ebay for 5/10 Euros/Dollars, it's a good investment for a paddle games lover :wink:
Think, you're right....5-10 Euro/Dollars is not to much....
Maybe i find some Paddles for this price.....
I'll take a look for it :wink:

btw....Pedro has 3 Paddels.......hmm.....2 Paddels are enough, right :?: :twisted: :oops: :wink:
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Aha!! I have a paddle game that I can play on my lovely wee Vic! Chuffed to bits! I knew if I left the paddles beside my computer for long enough they'd be useful once more. :)

I never bothered trying Pong because none of the older games worked - all these years and I could have had a paddle game... :roll:

This code is awesome - is there a way to retro-fit this code into some of the old games like Clowns (hint, hint!)? Or maybe the code could be used in Omega Fury!

@ Vicman - I have 3 Vics and FOUR paddles! :P
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Vicman *1970
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Vicman *1970 »

Pedro Lambrini wrote: @ Vicman - I have 3 Vics and FOUR paddles! :P
That makes me a little bit enviously :P
I have 3 Vics, too....but no Paddles.....NOT YET :wink:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:I never bothered trying Pong because none of the older games worked - all these years and I could have had a paddle game... :roll:

This code is awesome - is there a way to retro-fit this code into some of the old games like Clowns (hint, hint!)? Or maybe the code could be used in Omega Fury!
The sources are on-line so any new game may use the same technique while for the old (cart) games you need to check if the new routines can be used and you need to find space too, so very difficult.
formater
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by formater »

In the last version of VICE, the option "enable paddles" exist, but I can´t run properly the games than uses paddles.

I activated the option, and move the mouse for move the paddle, but the motion is erratic and the control is impossible.

Some one can play paddle games with VICE 2.2?, and if yes, what configuration is needed for use the paddles?
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

It works fine for me, but it can be quite sensitive... I don't have to move the mouse much to get the ship (Sea Wolf), bat (Super Smash) or target (Star Post) to move or rotate.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

formater wrote:Some one can play paddle games with VICE 2.2?, and if yes, what configuration is needed for use the paddles?
There is nothing to configure at the moment, If you enable paddles emulation, mouse left/right moves the Paddle1 and mouse up/down moves the Paddle 2 nothing else.
Is not the perfect way to emulate paddles but is better then nothing and it works quite well on my tests with Windows XP/7.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

formater wrote:In the last version of VICE, the option "enable paddles" exist, but I can´t run properly the games than uses paddles.
Paddle support in WinVICE is therefore no better than it used to be.

You can turn it on but you are completely dependent on the mouse speed setting, you can't specify which axis of your mouse is tied to which paddle and you can't tell WinVICE to use a specific joystick axis as a paddle instead of the mouse.
:cry:
Be normal.
e5frog
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by e5frog »

This could be an option, not that it helps with VICE though:

http://www.waitingforfriday.com/index.p ... Interfaces
My other interest: http://channelf.se
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I don't really understand why proper paddles aren't supported in Vice with the Stelladapter et al. I'd be happy to donate a pair along with an adapter if it meant it could be added. It would be a way to circumvent the jittery paddle syndrome for older games that's for sure.

I actually have a couple of feature requests. Is there somewhere that one can post suggestions?

EDIT: Hey! 1000th post!
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3