Paper Soft type-ins (comments) (ITA/ENG)

Deutsch, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Suomi, Svenska, all non-English discussions

Moderator: Moderators

nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

orion70 wrote:A lot of work for us...
Yes and we are still waiting for peoples that help us on re-typing games :wink:
Mega-Cart: the cartridge you plug in once and for all.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Time for another game from PaperSoft, the game is "PETROLIO", it is an italian translation of Oil Tycoon from Compute! Gazette: October 1983, Issue 4 Vol. 1, No. 4.

Like the original it has a joy problem when the game is loaded from a disk, this is a common problem for older games, usually i fix these games by simulating a RUN-STOP/Restore before the RUN but in this case, i've fixed the ML joy routine, much more fun :wink:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

it bothers me that the screen shot is broken. :(
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

It's a matter of site configuration, Nicola is working to fix it. At the moment, I can't even download the game! :cry:
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Yes, i will fix my papersoft links asap, sorry for the technical hitch :?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

nbla000 wrote:Righe originali:
110 P=PEEK(PA):S2=((PAND16)=0)

Righe modificate:
110 P=PEEK(PA):S2W=((PAND16)=0)
Sorry for intruding, but aren't those two lines identical? I mean in Commodore Basic only the first two letters in a variable name are significant. Thus S2 and S2W should end up as the exact same variable unless I misunderstood something.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:Thus S2 and S2W should end up as the exact same variable unless I misunderstood something.
Yes you are right, i've corrected the other post, the program use the S2W variable in all other places and not in this line so it's not a really fix.

PS: My papersoft links are not working yet...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

If the program would be self modifying with POKEs straight into the listing, an additional W here and there certainly could make all the difference though. :D
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Here I am with La Corona di Pietra, a rare gem, because it's the first Italian text adventure ever written as an original work. It runs on a 16K VIC and features a two-word parser, with the usual verb+object command, and 32 different locations.
I'd like to test it a little bit before deciding whether to translate it or not. :P
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

orion70 wrote:La Corona di Pietra
Many thanks for your work Orion, this is the longest type-in for the vic+16k with listings on 2 issues, very good job.

I'm fixing image errors on my papersoft posts, now we finally have a definitive host for the project :D and a cool domain too 8)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

I've just added another PaperSoft type-in, it is Figure an italian translation of a game for both C64 and Vic20 +8k, the original name is Shape Match published by Compute!'s Gazette June 1984, Issue 12 Vol. 2, No. 6

The very important thing is that after a lot of work we have a first goal, we have "re-typed" all the programs of the first year publishing !!!

Thanks go to every one who helped us, Gli amici di HAL and Ready64.org for scans and all the users for the type-in work, not too much :wink:

To celebrate this event, i've realeased a new PaperSoft site hosted on my vic20.it domain, this is the link:

http://www.vic20.it/papersoft/

These pages are in italians only but i think it's easy to follow the coloured link upward (where there is the duck) and list all the games sorted by issue.

I've added an italian flag to original Italians works.
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Today is a productive day :wink:

I've re-typed a nice utility, it's List e Scroll, translation of List and Scroll published by Compute! Issue 43, December 1983 on page 230.

Not too much to translate indeed just a row if you made a mistake in data statements so it can be used from all vic users.

This is a useful utility for debugging basic programs and it uses the last 400 bytes of memory, it changes basic pointers of course.

Just load the utility and run, the basic program copy the LM routines and destroys itself, now load the program you want to debug, you may use a Vic with any memory configuration.

To debug the program just use the command . [dot], and it prints each statement on a separate line, take a look here.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Excellent Nicola, here I am again to help with new listings. Next one will be Joypaint, an all-Italian work published in Year II - Issue 21, May 31st 1985.

I see there are good news on the site... Year one, first series of issues, has been completed! :D
strongboy
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by strongboy »

:D

Complimenti, davvero ! ! ! Ottimo lavoro, sopratutto per il tentativo di dare vita a queste piccole perle italiane . . .

Ancora bravi ! ! !

Se posso aiutarvi . . . in che modo posso farlo ? ? ?
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Grazie! Se vuoi dare una mano, QUI trovi il link aggiornato al pdf Papersoft con tutti i listati. Controlla sul SITO UFFICIALE quali sono già stati fatti, poi scrivi a me o a Nicola quale/i vuoi ribattere e sotto con il lavoro! :P