Help - Thriller instructions (Ger)

Deutsch, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Suomi, Svenska, all non-English discussions

Moderator: Moderators

orion70
VICtalian

Help - Thriller instructions (Ger)

Post by orion70 »

German Denial members - please HELP! I found this funny game, and I decided to try and translate the on-screen instructions from German to English.

Here's the original:

Google translation and Babelfish helped me (as I don't know German) and here's the result:
HELP! So, you decide to help him, but our Professor Mystikus has ventured too far in the Demons world!
Guide the hero with your joystick, starting from a dark park!
You will need the key for the park gate, but while you feverishly look for it in the park bins, the underworld is not inactive.
They send an invisible scary Demon, who can be recognized only from his footprints.
Another spirit - this time more visible - is guarding the gate.
He shoots some arrows from time to time, and they are not love arrows!
Meanwhile, you will surely have noticed the dead heads.
They behave according to their mood. Sometimes they laugh, other times they are sad ...
Let's talk about bins.
Before you (or a Demon?) dig the last bin looking for the key, you will surely find other useful things, such as a sling to shoot at the invisible Demon, or a rock to block him.
The Demons will retain their abilities even when you have searched all the bins. You will lose one of your three lifes when:
- One of the two spirits gets you;
- The spirit finds the key;
- You are hit by an arrow.
In addition, eating a sad dead head is not advisable!!
If you find the key, you can choose between two gates, but you can escape only from the correct one!
Can you tell if this (rough) translation is correct? Thank you. :wink:
Vicman *1970
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Vicman *1970 »

Hi orion70,

The Translation seems to be O.K. ! :D

I didn't know this Game, lets try it........ :P
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thanks Vicman. The game is funny but VERY fast for my taste, so I have to play it at 50% of maximum speed in VICE. 8)

Have fun!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I also try to avoid eating sad dead heads as much as can!
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

I would like to change some passages in the translation to give it a more meaningful and correct intention :-) Hopefully my english is better than babelfish...
HELP! Please, help our Professor Mystikus, who has ventured too far in the Demons world!
Guide him with your joystick out of the dark park!
You will need the key for the park gate, but while you feverishly look for it in the park bins, the underworld is not inactive.
They send an invisible scary Demon, who can be recognized only from his footprints.
Another spirit - this time more visible - is guarding the gate.
He shoots some arrows from time to time, and they are not love arrows!
Meanwhile, you will surely have noticed the skulls.
They change their mood at will, sometimes they laugh, other times they are sad ...
Let's talk about bins.
Before you (or a Demon?) dig the last bin looking for the key, you will surely find other useful things, such as a sling to shoot at the invisible Demon, or a rock to block him.
As long as the demon does not eat another bin, you will retain your abilities. You will lose one of your three lifes when:
- One of the two spirits gets you;
- The spirit finds the key;
- You are hit by an arrow.
In addition, eating a sad skull is not advisable!!
If you find the key, you can choose between two gates, but you can escape only from the correct one!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Er... yes, the skulls, of course. :oops:

Thanks Schlowski.