Anybody getting a "Penultimate Cartridge"?

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Anybody getting a "Penultimate Cartridge"?

Post by eslapion »

craftsman1234 wrote:Even things on the slow boat from China don't normally take a month.
I don't know what type of shipping is used for the Penultimate but I usually have to wait about 6 weeks when I order from China.

This applies to the standard pins I use for the PLAnkton modules and the 27C160 EPROMs for the Behr-Bonz.
Be normal.
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

eslapion wrote:
craftsman1234 wrote:Even things on the slow boat from China don't normally take a month.
I don't know what type of shipping is used for the Penultimate but I usually have to wait about 6 weeks when I order from China.

This applies to the standard pins I use for the PLAnkton modules and the 27C160 EPROMs for the Behr-Bonz.
Hi eslapion. Hope you are doing okay. PLAnktons still working great here.

Very few times have I had anything take 6 weeks here but you never know. I was hoping to hear from anyone else here in the US if they ordered one and if they had received theirs.
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980
RobertBe
Vic 20 Elite

Post by RobertBe »

FWIW, my friends in West Sussex, England have sent packages to me in California, and those packages have arrived in 5 or 6 days.

Back from the Caribbean,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
dragos
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by dragos »

craftsman1234 wrote:I ordered this back in August and have been waiting for this for some time. I had gotten world that it would be shipping in November (from their web page) but it did not. I got word that mine shipped on Dec 19th. The shipping info that was provided show that it arrived here in the us and has already been delivered on Dec 23rd. I can't see how that would have been possible to the US.

During this process I have e-mail them several times but not once have they ever responded to me.

So has anyone in the USA ordered this and have they received it yet? Even things on the slow boat from China don't normally take a month.
I talk to the creator somewhat often (David Curran) but I have never once gotten a response from thefuturewas8bit guy that is distributing them. Its unfortunate he partnered with that guy, who clearly has no customer service background....

As for it taking over a month? sure from the fringe countries, from the UK it should take about week. I ship a lot around the world, thats outrageous.
0110 0110 0110 The number of the beast...
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

RobertBe wrote:FWIW, my friends in West Sussex, England have sent packages to me in California, and those packages have arrived in 5 or 6 days.
Did they ship using airmail or surface ? Surface = boat and train.

I just ordered another large batch of gold plated pins from China and they offer standard (free) shipping (est. delivery is around Mar. 10th). For 28$ extra, I get a delivery on Mar. 7th. No airmail offered.

All my shippings are done with airmail except orders within Canada because local train is relatively fast (4-6 days delivery).

International surface mail is said to take up to 8 weeks.
Be normal.
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

This is what makes me nervous. Shows it ended up here in 4 days. Becacuse I'm in the center of the US it is usually 2 to three days from each coast.
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

I have one if these and I love it. It only took 7 days to arrive in the USA after it was shipped.
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

-Autobiography of Mark Twain
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

norm8332 wrote:I have one if these and I love it. It only took 7 days to arrive in the USA after it was shipped.
Do you recall when you got it?
Misfit
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Misfit »

An amazing cartridge and professional product!
It took only 4 days when package arrived.
CanadaPhil
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by CanadaPhil »

craftsman1234 wrote:Image

This is what makes me nervous. Shows it ended up here in 4 days. Becacuse I'm in the center of the US it is usually 2 to three days from each coast.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say?

That they have falsified tracking details to you??

If it went Air Mail why would it not have arrived in a few days to your regions sorting depot? And it shows it was Delivered to your Front Door it appears? nearly 1 month ago?

I believe the term "Porch Pirate" is your answer.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

craftsman1234 wrote:Image

Only one possible explanation: They delivered it to the wrong address!

It has happened to me more than once.

There are 2 nearly identical buildings with similar address numbers on 2 different streets around here. More than once I had to collect my mail and parcels at the other building.

Fortunately for me, both buildings have lobby surveillance cameras so I was able to prove my point to Fedex.
Be normal.
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

craftsman1234 wrote:
norm8332 wrote:I have one if these and I love it. It only took 7 days to arrive in the USA after it was shipped.

I ordered it the just before Christmas in December and It came this the first week of this month if I'm recalling correctly. The website www.thefuturewas8bit.com shows them in stock now.
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

norm8332 wrote:
craftsman1234 wrote:

I ordered it the just before Christmas in December and It came this the first week of this month if I'm recalling correctly. The website http://www.thefuturewas8bit.com shows them in stock now.
As mentioned in another post Porch Pirate my be it depending on the size of the box since I have a mail box that goes into the house.

Never had anything taken before but mail does seem to go to the wrong places as I get my neighbors all the time.

Was it FexEx?
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

Anyone in the US know what carrier delivered the package to your door? I'm trying to figure out who to complain to.
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

craftsman1234 wrote:Anyone in the US know what carrier delivered the package to your door? I'm trying to figure out who to complain to.
Mine was delivered by US mail. My tracking # worked on the USPS site, but the one above does not.