Anybody getting a "Penultimate Cartridge"?

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: Anybody getting a "Penultimate Cartridge"?

Post by craftsman1234 »

I have to come to the conclusion that this was a scam. In no way could a package have gotten to me from the UK in 4 days. The quickest anything has arrived from out of state (not even out of the country) was 3 days.
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

Two updates,

1. The original order of the cartridge never arrived.

2. I ordered a 2nd one via E-Bay / Paypal. It least I could dispute it and get my money back if it did not come through.

It was shipped on 2/6/2017 and arrived yesterday 2/14/2017. Shipped with lots of bubble rap and in a static free bag with instructions.

Very nicely done and working great. Been able to test Doom and many of the built in games. I have switch-less Jiffydos in my Vic and it seem to work fine as well. The only thing I have not been test is how well it works with the sd2iec.

Well
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

On my side, the EPROMs I ordered on Dec. 16th never arrived but the eBay seller indicated a possible arrival date range which exceeds 60 days after purchase making it impossible to file a dispute.

According to the tracking information, they would be somewhere in a warehouse of a private parcel carrier.

This sort of thing usually happens when the accents in my address gets converted to garbled characters on the address sticker.

I ordered another shipment from a different seller...
Be normal.
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

eslapion wrote:On my side, the EPROMs I ordered on Dec. 16th never arrived but the eBay seller indicated a possible arrival date range which exceeds 60 days after purchase making it impossible to file a dispute.

According to the tracking information, they would be somewhere in a warehouse of a private parcel carrier.

This sort of thing usually happens when the accents in my address gets converted to garbled characters on the address sticker.

I ordered another shipment from a different seller...

I think the longest thing I ever ordered were crystals to convert NTSC to PAL. They were shipped from Malaysia took 3 months but the original order stated that it would take 3 months.

The shipping company that was used for the Penultimate (Preorder) has something fishy going on. Nothing gets here in 4 days. The Ebay order used Royal mail and the USPS.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

eslapion wrote:This sort of thing usually happens when the accents in my address gets converted to garbled characters on the address sticker.
This is one reason I never use accented characters for electronic communications et cetera, and just plain A-Z instead. No chance of corruption, and people know the name/place anyhow, even without the accents.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Mayhem wrote:This is one reason I never use accented characters for electronic communications et cetera, and just plain A-Z instead. No chance of corruption, and people know the name/place anyhow, even without the accents.
With eBay, I don't have much of a choice. If the address registered with my credit card company doesn't match EXACTLY with the delivery address provided, I can't be a certified buyer.

The address provided to the credit card company by my bank has accents so, no accents, no can buy anything...
Be normal.
mrr19121970
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by mrr19121970 »

I bought one. They were reduced to 55gbp for a short time.
callan
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by callan »

Ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. Order took a few days to fulfill, and it took about 3 weeks to make it to Australia. They even slipped in a "the future was 8 bit" branded biro pen. Nicely made and works just as it should: I love it. (The cartridge,that is!)

Callan
Commodorianen
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Commodorianen »

I bought a Penultimate Cartridge on eBay a few weeks ago. I really like it.
Floopy
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Floopy »

If I had the budget I would love to buy a Penultimate. Unfortunately when your like me, college is hard on your wallet.
Maybe someday all this work on my VIC will pay-off :P
-Floopy
Commodorianen
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Commodorianen »

Floopy wrote:If I had the budget I would love to buy a Penultimate. Unfortunately when your like me, college is hard on your wallet.
Maybe someday all this work on my VIC will pay-off :P
Yes, it pays off, if you have a VIC-20, you are sure to get a job, just watch here :-) :

Floopy
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Floopy »

I have seen that one before but I think it's hilarious every time I see it :lol:
The VIC-20 is truly "The wonder computer".
-Floopy
COREi64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by COREi64 »

Just ordered my Penultimate cartridge. Rather impressed with the photos and videos I've seen. Looks like a nice package, and will fit well in my VIC-20 collection. Looking forward to trying it out!

Thomas
COREi64