What PCB layout software do you use?

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Kakemoms
Vic 20 Nerd

Re: What PCB layout software do you use?

Post by Kakemoms »

Ok, so I got the memory bus up and running. There are some instabilities through the SN74LS245 so if I do this:

(deleted)

I think it might be due to the reason that I have the databus going bidirectionally (address bus is only one direction) and the 74LS245 is either too slow or the memory is too fast for the data to propagate normally.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Edit: I think I may have found a solution in http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?t=1173. It looks like propagation delays is our friend, but since I route the WR signal outside of the 74LS245, this may cause some confusion. The solution is to put all the signals through to get the same delays. I haven´t tested it yet, but hopefully I get some time tonight to do so :)

Edit2: I found the bug and now it works. No extra 74LS245 needed, so the timing is fine. :D
Next step is to put in the 65C02..
Attachments
IMG_4352.JPG
Kakemoms
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by Kakemoms »

Since this is no longer about PCB layout software, I will continue to update it in this tread instead.
Kakemoms
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by Kakemoms »

For anyone searching for a WDC 65xxx library for Eagle, there is one for download here.
sjgray
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by sjgray »

I use Kicad. It's pretty powerful and completely free. I just did a 14x8cm board (which I think is too big for eagle). I had to create my own library of cbm parts but it wasn't too difficult. The gui takes some getting used to but once you learn a few key commands it's actually very fast. I found a lot of times I didn't even use the mouse. I manually routed the board and it was fairly easy. I also like the 3D viewer, which lets you see how your populated board will look.

Steve