Moderator: Moderators

TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

tokra wrote:
TNT wrote:
orion70 wrote:infocom
Infocom's text adventures.
Nice. The parser isn't finished yet tho. It might be, one day.
Awww, come on. Do we need to make this a Kickstarter-project? :wink:

It looks like it's 90% done - or what is still missing?
Save & restore are missing, otherwise the V3 parser is complete & bug-free AFAIK. It's also faster than Infocom's parser, but as the main bottleneck is IEC bus you don't really notice the speed increase. Try IDE64-version on C64 and you do ;)
Windowing may or may not work correctly, that's hard to test without complete V5 support. Seastalker (the only V3 game which uses windows) works with modified story file. Modifications are needed to fit the map into narrow screen.
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

orion70 wrote:Thank you guys. This is nothing but a collage of all the VIC software I was interested in. Keeping it updated is not difficult, and the whole zipped archive is less than 1 Mb :).
Thank you for posting this! There's a lot of stuff there that's missing from my SD card.

I actually keep a 'windows' folder on my SD card to include PC side applications like VICE, FatSorter, StarCommander, CC65 etc. just to make it easy to test things or create new D64 images. I even keep PDF documents with VIC-20 technical manuals, game instructions. While these might not be useful in VIC-20 mode, the SD card when plugged into a PC then also becomes useful.
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

Thanks for this Orion70. So far I have only scratched the surface, but there is definitely plenty of good stuff on there. All I need now is some time to explore what's on there!
I liked the graphics on some of your adventures that you wrote, it shows what the VIC was capable of, even back then, but nobody seemed bothered to do it.
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: Reccommend me stuff for my SD2IEC please

Post by craftsman1234 »

Mike & Orion thanks for posting this. I'll be checking it out once the sd2iec arrives.
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980