TRILOGIC's DCL4

Modding and Technical Issues

Moderator: Moderators

mr zetec
Vic 20 Drifter

TRILOGIC's DCL4

Post by mr zetec »

Again I have come across a strange and seemingly rare cartridge. I can't find any info on it. I think it's for the PET/Vic/64 and it connects to the cassette port. There is a board protruding from one edge where it is possible to connect 2 c2ns and a cable with a c2n plug. Anyone seen one before?
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

It sounds like an adapter to connect 2 datasettes for copying or backing-up tapes. I have a small thing that sound similar to your description. I actually have it permanently plugged in so that I can have a Datasette connected but also have a connection for my uIEC to draw power from the datasette port. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
mr zetec
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by mr zetec »

Take a look at the photo. The cable in the out1/2 is just a mono jack cable.

Image[/img]
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yep, it looks like a device to duplicate tapes. The two outputs probably are meant to be connected to standalone tape recorders, mic or line in in case you don't have access to two C2N's. You should be able to connect it to a PC or so and listen if you hear the data pulses from the tape.

Kind of handy if you can duplicate a tape in three copies at a time.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image