Posting a game: any rules?

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

LoadError
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Posting a game: any rules?

Post by LoadError »

Last year I tried my hand at a little arcade game just to see if I could do it. Currently I am working at a version 1.1, so to speak.
It's amateurish work (written in BASIC and then compiled, but the action is not as fluid as I hoped it would be), still I'd like to make it available here as well as on its own minisite.
Does it need to meet some kind of quality control criteria, or can I just go ahead and upload it? And to actually do that, can I just add a post to the Announcements section (possibly creating a "VIC-20 software releases of 2018" section since it currently does not exist) and attach a zip file? Or do I post it in another section of the board?
Thanks!
Commodore VIC-20 n. WG-C-275517 - manufactured in Western Germany in 1983
Mike
Herr VC

Re: Posting a game: any rules?

Post by Mike »

LoadError wrote:[...] can I just go ahead and upload it?
This. :)
And to actually do that, can I just add a post to the Announcements section (possibly creating a "VIC-20 software releases of 2018" section since it currently does not exist)
As long as this is a WIP (work in progress), you might just keep up a thread here in the Games section. Most Denial fellows add a program to the Announcement section only then when it's effectively finished, barring some unexpected bugs. Just follow the Golden Rule here - if anyone would add minor releases to those threads, they would inevitably become cluttered (... exceptions confirm the rule).

That being said, anyone can open a new Software Releases thread for 2018 - just follow the form that has been established over the last years. :)
LoadError
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Re: Posting a game: any rules?

Post by LoadError »

Thanks! As soon as I have the current revision figured out, I will post it in the Games section for the time being; if no bugs surface, in due time I'll post it in the Announcements section. :)
Commodore VIC-20 n. WG-C-275517 - manufactured in Western Germany in 1983