New release: NitroWheels for the unexpanded Vic 20

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

akator
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: New release: NitroWheels

Post by akator »

Excellent! I tried both difficulties a few time. The human setting is good practice and helped me improve my score at cyborg.

This is now one of my favorite VIC racing games. Thank you, Enrico!
ldxstx
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: New release: NitroWheels

Post by ldxstx »

akator wrote:Excellent! I tried both difficulties a few time. The human setting is good practice and helped me improve my score at cyborg.

This is now one of my favorite VIC racing games. Thank you, Enrico!
I'm really pleased to hear all that: the effort has been rewarded then :) Happy racing!
ldxstx
Vic 20 Dabbler

Re: New release: NitroWheels for the unexpanded Vic 20

Post by ldxstx »

by the way: this is an oldschool release, but nonetheless I would like to thank the following people which, directly or indirectly, led me to realize this ML game project: orion70, mike, beamrider, jeff-20, kweepa, nippur72, rhurst, 4mat, aeb. I hope I didn't forget anyone and to make further steps in future releases.

:)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Thanks! I really did nothing but encourage :). The game is really fun and playable now, it really retains that old school charme which is rarely found in new releases.. it would be perfect with optional paddles support :mrgreen:
ldxstx
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by ldxstx »

orion70 wrote:Thanks! I really did nothing but encourage :). The game is really fun and playable now, it really retains that old school charme which is rarely found in new releases.. it would be perfect with optional paddles support :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot :)
About the paddles: I was introducing the support for them (now I have free bytes after the relocation of some routines), but then I realized that - in my opinion - this would bring an "unfair advantage" compared to the keyboard and the joystick, thanks to the analog working. I've seen Seawolf, for example, and there the paddles make complete sense to me. But in NitroWheels... hmmm... because the intended way to play is in digital I/O style (EDIT: with this I mean in fixed deltas, not instantaneous radical changes of the position) instead of analog. In case just enlighten me :)