*ALL PHYSICAL COPIES ARE SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version is available)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: *AVAILABLE FOR PRE-SALE*: REALMS OF QUEST V (release date July 1 2019)

Post by Ghislain »

Here are images of the medallion that will come with the physically boxed release!
1.jpg
2.jpg
While the physical release has been sold out, the digital release comes out on July 1 -- in just a few days!
"A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him." -- Ezra Pound
orion70
VICtalian

Re: *BOXED EDITION SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version available July 1 2019)

Post by orion70 »

Also, shipping of the boxed set is near, isn't it? :)
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Re: *BOXED EDITION SOLD OUT*: REALMS OF QUEST V (Digital version available July 1 2019)

Post by Ghislain »

Although all of the boxed editions of the game have sold out, you can still buy the digital version on July 1 here: https://doublesidedgames.com/shop/commo ... f-quest-v/

Here are some photos of the cloth map, manual and medallion!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

:D tomorrow's the day...
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Well, digital download was added to my order, but when I access the downloads section, clicking on the zip file in order to download echoes this:
Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.
:( :( :(
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Yeah, same here, just the 403 page :(
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble downloading the digital version. I’ve notified Double Sided Games about this issue.
Dynamic_Computing
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Dynamic_Computing »

For those interested, I just uploaded my video review of this great new game! It is on my 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast / The ChickenHead Chronicles YouTube channel. Take a look!
https://youtu.be/0neitxXw_EI
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

They should tag the download to each account on order, but evidently something went amiss, the same happened to a few people for Abaye Des Morts iirc. Download fine for the physical version I purchased.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Ghislain
Realms of Quest

Post by Ghislain »

Dynamic_Computing wrote:For those interested, I just uploaded my video review of this great new game! It is on my 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast / The ChickenHead Chronicles YouTube channel. Take a look!
https://youtu.be/0neitxXw_EI
Thank you for the endorsement! Yes, a lot of people are not fans of the aging mechanic in RPGs, or draining, or acid that destroys your equipment—pretty much anything that will cause permanent loss for characters that people have made an emotional investment in. The nice graphics will draw in the casual player in, only for them to only find out that I’m a cruel and autistic RPG rules munchkin :) (the gameplay reflects that)

And halfway through the making of this game I had asked myself if people would notice that their own player characters age while the townspeople don’t. In fact, those little girls and boys never seem to grow up either. It’s a mystery...

Did you actually capture the video from your CRT monitor? It looks beautiful.

Last edited by Ghislain on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Still no download available :( . No answer from DSG whatsoever. I am quite upset TBH.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

I chatted with them today through their page and got my download after an hour or so.
retroredrum
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by retroredrum »

orion70 wrote:Still no download available :( . No answer from DSG whatsoever. I am quite upset TBH.
I assume you're the person that sent me an email during the night and that now can download the game properly? :)

A quick note to everyone that bought the game: thanks A LOT for your support, thanks to you projects like this can happen!
Bear in mind that I'm a one man operation with a day job, two kids and a 6h time difference with Western Europe, I'm trying to do my best to help you all as fast as I can :oops:
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Yep it was me :)
It's really us thanking you for your great job. My problem with the digital version is now solved, and I can't wait to have the magic box here in Italy. Til then, thanks again and all the best for your brand!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I am completely in awe of this project. I hope the new C64 release (with the VIC mode) brings attention to VIC 20 projects. I would love to see this as one of the first examples of why people should explore that VIC mode.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.