2 versions of Frogger???

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Tonks
Vic 20 Amateur

2 versions of Frogger???

Post by Tonks »

I am doing a bit of research on behalf of one of the writers for Retrogaming Times Monthly (the best free retro gaming magazine).

What I am trying to find out is was there two versions of Frogger released for the Vic 20?

I have the Parker Bros cart, but was there also a version put out by Sierra on disk or tape?

I would appreciate any input.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Technically, there are LOTS of Frogger clones for the Vic20 ;)

Licensed versions however are probably limited to what you say: the Parker Bros version and the Sierra one. Certainly the license expired and Sierra produced a C64 version. I think I've seen a Vic20 version about but I can check here at home.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

On Zimmers, I found a total of three games named Frogger (not to mention the clones under other names). Neither refers to Sierra though.

/games.basic/unexpanded/Frogger.prg
Unknown author. Nice graphics, but a bit simple looking.

/games/multipart.unexpanded/Frogger.prg & Frog R1.prg
By D. Etherington, (c) 1982 Anirog Computers (later Anirog Software?). Notice that the second part needs to be saved exactly as "FROG R1" in order to load it.

/roms/8k/Frogger.prg
"Parker Brothers presents Sega's Frogger", (c) 1983

I suppose you're doing another of these cross-system comparisons, and want the official port for each computer, not the best looking, most playable or amazing clone?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image