WIP - Hat Trick

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Vic Porter
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: WIP - Hat Trick

Post by Vic Porter »

Here is WIP 4. The "shoot wrong way" bug was fixed. It indeed was an another "from 1p to 2p" bug as Boray suggested (and it exists in the original).

The "computer stands still" bug also happens in the original. I doubt I'll fix that one.
Attachments
hattrick_wip4.zip
(23.49 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Vic Porter
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Vic Porter »

Here is RC1. It now has music. The arena sides have different char gfx. I will wait a few weeks for graphics contributions and bug reports and then release.
Attachments
hattrick_rc1.zip
(34.36 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Nice! I would suggest adding a little vibrato to the music playback.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Vic Porter
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Vic Porter »

Boray wrote:I would suggest adding a little vibrato to the music playback.
I agree that it could use some. The music is converted from a MIDI file by SID2MIDI using and a quickly hacked together tool. At least it uses NMI to toggle some of the notes in attempt to hide that characteristic VIC offtuneness.

Anything livelier would require either manual editing effort of the MIDI file and improving the tool or using a better conversion method. I find neither of these options an attractive use of my time.

Contributions are still welcome!
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

You could make a tremolo effect with the volume control to simulate the rotating speaker in some old organs. That would be perfect for a hockey game!
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Vic Porter
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Vic Porter »

Cool idea! I will have to try that.

[edit 2016-11-13]
Tried but failed to make it sound the way I liked. The tremolo attempt code is there if someone wants to tinker with it.