VIC-LC (VIC Light Cycle game)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

martin_f
Vic 20 Amateur

VIC-LC (VIC Light Cycle game)

Post by martin_f »

Somehow (when writing a follow up to my own post) I managed to nuke my original post about my 4k mini-game entry (VIC-LC for the VIC-20).
Oh well, no worries.

All I was wondering, was if anyone had had a chance to have a go ?

Any feedback welcomed (good or bad).

Martin
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Hi, Martin,

> All I was wondering, was if anyone had had a chance to have a go?

I did. In the first tries I humbled over the keyboard control (A,Z,N,M), but then I configured the joystick control in VICE to simulate my preferred one (X,C,',/) - then I got to the 4th level ... still not very far.

One could be unlucky when the trails of the other LC's completely block the exits... but I guess it's too costly (program-size) to let them disappear as soon as the enemy LC is killed.

Michael
martin_f
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by martin_f »

Good on you mike for having a go ... I have to admit I wasn't sure about the difficulty level. Still probably arn't.

I currently have an extra life awarded at level 15. I am thinking I should add one at level 10 aswell.

I just had a quick belt and got to level 8, but I wrote it and I know some of the, ahem, defficiencies in the AI ! I might throw an extra life in as above and re-upload it.

Cheers for now.

Martin
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I didn't try it yet, but I will do in a few weeks (voting phase). Regarding preferred keys, I like when the four keys are located together, like UNHJ, IMJK, WXAS etc. I can see that in some cases, keeping them separate may be a better option: OPQA, AZNM and so on.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I just played one round, but would like to try it again once i get some free time.

I really like the way you did the exits. Nice twist!

Off to read the game background.

Chris
martin_f
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by martin_f »

Hey anders, how does the voting work ?

Are the specific judges ?
Anyone can Judge ?
Game Submitters can judge ?
Or ?

I couldn't find any info on voting on the minigame page, I may have missed it though.

Martin
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Anyone who have registered an account can vote. You don't have to submit a game, but most of the time it is the people who submitted this year or before that are interested in voting. Well, sometimes there are vote campaigns on external forums and alike too, but at least there is no anonymous voting.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Re: VIC-LC (VIC Light Cycle game)

Post by Alan »

martin_f wrote:All I was wondering, was if anyone had had a chance to have a go ?

Any feedback welcomed (good or bad).
Very nice!
Alan