Swedish adventures

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

idrougge
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Swedish adventures

Post by idrougge »

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I just found this site.
C128, C128D, C64, C64C, ABC80, ABC800, ABC806, 130XE, ZX81, Spectrum 48k, Dragon 32, TI99/4A, Laser 200, Spectravideo 328, Sord M5, VIC20...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

As the page mentions, those are mainly type-ins from magazines. Jacob Munkhammar correctly comments that Clas' adventure came from a series of articles how to write your own adventure game. The first listings were generic and printed from a VIC-20. I think the latter articles were targetted on C64 for memory reasons.

There were a few commercial Swedish VIC-20 adventures too, for example Mad Man. It was designed in a such way that you either could load part by part on an unexpanded machine or load everything into memory if you had a 16K expansion. Many years ago, my brother "came across" tape after tape with VIC-20 games, mainly adventures for expanded machine. Since we didn't own any memory expansion in those days, the long adventures were not copied over. Later, that first VIC was anyway sold with the majority of software we had come across. I'm sure I could have contributed a bit more to the archival if I had access to those tapes, as some titles does not seem to have resurfaced recently.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image