3 games i want to make

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

R'zo
Vic 20 Nerd

3 games i want to make

Post by R'zo »

Assuming it is functional I will should have my vic up and running soon. When I do I have 3 ideas for games that I want to make. I will start with the simplest first and work my way up.

The first is Pink Puppies. It was first inspired by a board game that I wanted to make to go along with a album that I recorded (not chip music but it was inspired by my desire to make game music.) It will be a 2 player puzzle game based off of Sudoku. Intead of numbers you will have characters based off of the album art work. Here is a link to the photo album on face book containing the album art if your curious https://www.facebook.com/media/set/edit ... 012051285/ It is a public album so you should be able to see it without an account.
You will have a board with 9 rows, 9 columns and 9 zones. Each player will take turns placing characters on the board. Only 1 of each character will be able to be placed in each column, row or zone. The overall programing should be simple, I have it for the most part worked out in my head. I'm having a hard time thinking of how to make it competitive. The best I've thought of so far is to a lot points for each time a player completes a row, column or zone.

The second will be loosely based off of the movie Cube. It will take place in a large cube comprised of smaller cubes each containing a room. The player Will start of in 1 room and have to solve a puzzle or figure their past a trap. Once this is done the rooms will shift around the cube at random and then the doors to the room will unlock. The player will choose which door to take to get to the next room and continue on like the first. Since the rooms shift at random the player will never know what doors go to what room or where the room that they are in is located in the greater cube. There will only be 1 door in all the rooms that leads to the way out and the player will have a limited amount of time to find it. The game require a combination of skill, intelligence and luck to beat. I'm thinking of calling it "Schrodinger's Cube".

The third I haven't worked much out on yet but I want to be something like Zelda but where the rooms are laid out like a chess board and the character is controlled turn for turn by text commands.

I'm am looking forward to writing these games. it will be fun and exciting. I am very happy to have finally found a community to share them with once they are finished.
R'zo
I do not believe in obsolete...