Software houses

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Vic 2000
Vic 20 Afficionado

Software houses

Post by Vic 2000 »

I'm doing the same thing to my Vic-20 collection as for all my other collections, sorting the games into folders. I'm always creating a section for supporting software houses too.

Let's see...

I find most of the old software houses releasing games for Vic-20 as...

Imagic, Creative, Thorn-Emi, Atarisoft, Microgen, Llamasoft, Melbourne House, Anirog, Nufekop, Rabbit, Parker Brothers, Terminal, Sierra, Mastertronic, Cosmi, Epyx and many more. :)

But now to the strange part...

Activision?

Activision released games for almost all formats, but not a single game to Vic-20?

Even Xonox released all their games for Vic-20 so it feels kind of strange to not find a single game from Acivision. Some games were released by Commodore themselves, as several games from Adventure International for exemple.

I hope that i have missing something, else, shame on you Activision for not releasing a single game for Vic-20.
Vic 2000
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Software houses

Post by Vic 2000 »

Some fun facts...

Anirog was one of the big ones creating games for Vic-20. Later they switched name and became Anco. ;)
Attachments
Kick_Off_2_-_1990_-_Anco_Software.jpg
Kick_Off_2_-_1990_-_Anco_Software.jpg (46.69 KiB) Viewed 1496 times
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Vic 2000 wrote:Activision?
Pitfall! :P
Vic 2000
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Vic 2000 »

That's a good remake of Activisions classic game. :)

I'm glad to see that so many software developers supported Vic-20 even if Activision didn't, quite strange, especially as Vic-20 was the fastest selling computer for a while and the very first computer to sell one million units.